Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right after rooting my SGS3, i still cant seem to get pinball hd to work on my phone. I installed chainfire 3d as well but no go. I found an apk for it so copied it to my phone and installed it but everytime i try to run the app, it says nvidia gpu not found and closes. Unless someone has a method to run this game id be most appreciative.

Otherwise am still on the hunt for a decent pinball game...most of the ones ive tried out arent that great compared to pinball HD.

Any ideas??...preferably free but dont mind paying if i can find one thats similar to pinball hd

Yas786, did you install any nvidia plugin after installing chainfire3d? I'm thinking you might have needed a plugin, but I might be totally wrong.

Yep i found one on the net but even after installing that, the game wont have it. Guess until someone comes up with a method or the devs on pinball hd decide to do a version for the SGS3 im out of luck.

Although im not 110% sure if the apk i downloaded or the nvidia plugin i installed are working or not:confused: The apk for the game worked ie installed and runs until it senses that there isnt a nvidia gpu in the phone.

Plus im not sure if i installed the nvidia plugin correctly...i copied it over to the phone storage then used chainfire to install it but i dont know if thats the correct way to do it or if i need to put it in a specific folder.

Anyone got Sky Go working on the S3?

I have just tried the 'skygo_test_0.1.5.apk', hidden the root with OTA and it doesn't work. Sky News works but Sky Movies and Sports don't although they are on my Sky package and worked on my Galaxy Note.

Anyone got Sky Go working on the S3?

I have just tried the 'skygo_test_0.1.5.apk', hidden the root with OTA and it doesn't work. Sky News works but Sky Movies and Sports don't although they are on my Sky package and worked on my Galaxy Note.

I can't get it to work on the One X, either. It installs and runs, but the video won't play.

I can't get it to work on the One X, either. It installs and runs, but the video won't play.

It will just be a matter of time before someone releases a working .apk, that's if they haven't done already. Now I've just tried the original 'skygo_test.apk' which worked on my Galaxy Note, but no luck on the S3.

If any one has it working please link me to the .apk file! :)

Those not wanting to root or don't get on with SAMBA, try this app: SyncMe.

IMO it's even better than SAMBA and has a wealth of option and the transfers are fast too. All sync tasks are done from the phone so you don't even need to be at your PC.

It costs 65p to add the exclusion feature and is all done via the Play Store. It will fully sync both ways and is rather customisable. I'm replacing SAMBA with it :)

I've set it to sync from phone to PC the internal storage and again the same for the sdxc card but to exclude the Music folder because that's done manually as and when needed :p

Screenshot_2012-06-23-22-53-50.png

Brilliant app!

Those not wanting to root or don't get on with SAMBA, try this app: SyncMe.

IMO it's even better than SAMBA and has a wealth of option and the transfers are fast too. All sync tasks are done from the phone so you don't even need to be at your PC.

It costs 65p to add the exclusion feature and is all done via the Play Store. It will fully sync both ways and is rather customisable. I'm replacing SAMBA with it :)

I've set it to sync from phone to PC the internal storage and again the same for the sdxc card but to exclude the Music folder because that's done manually as and when needed :p

[im]http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/Screenshot_2012-06-23-22-53-50.png[/img]

Brilliant app!

Ta for that! I've been looking for an app that could do that for a while. Good speeds too, getting around 10Mb/s at the moment :).

Correct.
I never even thought of using folders in the App Draw until you mentioned it actually... and now I can't anyway :p

Nova Prime has them, which is what I'm using at the moment. But I've still got the problem with it redrawing every now and then. Apparently apex doesn't have this issue but I can't live without folders :p

I also have a problem with the folders on the Homescreen with Apex Pro, folders which have say 6 or more apps in them; the pop-up animation for it is really slow. :(
I did have a mess around with Nova earlier on but in the end I just stuck with Apex Pro despite some small issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom