Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know exactly about touchwiz, just thought there might be a similar menu to the likes of apex etc.

Hmm, then the TW launcher mustn't support it either?

Torn between apex and nova. Both pretty much look the same to me so not sure which has the better features/dev team behind it.

Also, dont launchers just add another layer of programming to your phone? If they are just over the of the stock rom launcher isnt it technically just adding bloatware to your phone?

Torn between apex and nova. Both pretty much look the same to me so not sure which has the better features/dev team behind it.

Also, dont launchers just add another layer of programming to your phone? If they are just over the of the stock rom launcher isnt it technically just adding bloatware to your phone?

No. the underlying launcher goes into a suspended state. Android handles itself well.

Does anyone know how to set up templates with Google Calendar? I work irregular days and it's a pain to have to fill out the calendar details with name and location every time I get new shifts.

The only app I can see that says it supports template entries is Business Calendar but it costs almost £5 :/

Does anyone know how to set up templates with Google Calendar? I work irregular days and it's a pain to have to fill out the calendar details with name and location every time I get new shifts.

The only app I can see that says it supports template entries is Business Calendar but it costs almost £5 :/

There is a free version (ad supported) here - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netgenius.bizcal&feature=related_apps

I bought Business Calendar in the sale... Think it was 49p or something at the time. I had no idea it is normally a fiver :eek:

I was going to buy Dead Trigger until I read that, even after paying for it, you still have in-app purchases... I HATE this :(

Just a quickie that I think I know the answer to but just for clarification - Why are some games not available on the S3 with it being the most advanced phone just now?

Is it to do with it not being a Tegra 3 chip?
If so, is the way around this to run Chainfire?
How do I download games which are "incompatible"?

Seems bloody stupid only programming a game for a single chipset and minimising your income by not supporting some phones :(

Much obliged.

Just a quickie that I think I know the answer to but just for clarification - Why are some games not available on the S3 with it being the most advanced phone just now?

Is it to do with it not being a Tegra 3 chip?
If so, is the way around this to run Chainfire?
How do I download games which are "incompatible"?

Seems bloody stupid only programming a game for a single chipset and minimising your income by not supporting some phones :(

Much obliged.

Basically yes, it's down to the Tegra 3, but it's a bit more than just that, basicallu nvidia will pay developers to make their game a Tegra exclusive, even if all that means is adding a basic check, or simply using ST3C compression which is proprietary to nvidia.

<rant>I really dislike it, both from the perspective of nvidia producing 'poor' hardware and buying their way into the market, and for the developers selling out for an extra paycheck (and it's not like they make the games free as well, they want the whole cake).

Personally even though most can be made to work on my SGS2 via Chainfire3D I will never buy a tegra game, the developer doesn't deserve my money imo. And I won't buy a Tegra based device due to disliking nvidia's methods, as well as the fact that the hardware isn't great :p</rant>

I'm not sure on the usage of Chainfire3D anymore, I've basically given up even looking at the Tegra games due to the above, but if it doesn't currently work then expect it to be updated to work over time, it will likely still be a bit of a hassle though.

Edit, chainfire can 'fix' the market to tell it you have a tegra device which allows you to download it all fine :)

Does anyone else find Samba quite buggy?

I just want an app that lets me map both internal and external SD cards as network drives.
The internal drive is heavily used by the phone which will result in filelocks etc... it's better than the alternative but does result in a slightly buggy implementation which is probably impossible to fix (eg if you have your phone plugged into a pc and play music then now and then it will stop playing because windows decided to "inventory" the device).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom