Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely AndFTP.

I have used it exclusively for my Android FTP usage.

You can create profiles which become selectable after you click the Andftp share icon. I have one configured to connected to the /mobile remote directory of my server and uploads directly to there in 2 clicks.

AndFTP does the job beautifully, created various profiles for subdirs on the FTP. I already use EX File Explorer to manage files between phone and FTP folders but it doesn't have a quick share intent that plugs into Android's share dialogue so AndFTP fills that gap now :D

Ah I knew of DropBox but I don't like online storage solutions, plus I have 300 odd GB of my own webspace to use with masses of bandwidth hence why I FTP everything I can :p

Would be interesting to know what app that was though^^

Dropbox isn't just an online storage solution though. It syncs to the folder on your PC.

Samurai II is also cheap - by the same developers as Shadowgun and Dead Trigger, it might be worth checking out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=MADFINGER+Games

I've been looking at this. I don't care about the voice stuff, but nobody can tell me if I get all the fancy stuff it does in the background, like predicting when I'm going to work and stuff.

Does it? You make it sound like it does...

From what I read in the thread, yes. I haven't had the chance to test it though, sorry.

Chu Chu Rocket is amazing, I can't believe I never played it in the DreamCast days!

That tune is so catchy!

Now, I'm going to fashion an S3 mount using a SpiderPod like device so I can mount it on a PS3 controller, like this: http://imgur.com/a/sRiLs

Brilliant!

That looks amazing. I'd love to have it for the decibel meter, but according to some reviewers, it doesn't work.

Actually I might buy it. Great for measuring small objects as long as you're careful placing it on the screen, and the plumb weight to get perfectly straight camera pictures is cool.

In the video, the japanese woman says "the smart compass supports almost Android devices." :D

Last edited:
I just use the default keypad and type a short pin code for the lockscreen every time I turn the phone on. Much less chance of anyone accessing my phone if I lose it because the screen goes off pretty quickly if not used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom