Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the fact that Google Reader seems to run kiddy sized jumbo fonts...

I'll give gReader a go over the next few days.

The dark theme is way prettier too :)

Screenshot_2012-07-09-10-38-10.png

Just use the URL for BBC news in Google Reader (desktop) to sub then sync on gReader, done :p

I get full item listings for my chosen categories in BBC News.

Excellent, cheers guys. I have added most of the feeds I use on iGoogle and set it to download simplified full articles on WiFi only every couple of hours. I'll properly test it out on the train in the morning.

Google Reader is an evolution of RSS. Supports rich content instead of just text based feeds and can poll a standard URL and pull new updates from just that instead of relying on an RSS feed enabled URL.

Similar, different delivery. Google's Reader service relies on content + speed.

Flipboard relies on being pretty, not as fast or customisable.

I don't get it though. I've had Google Reader for years, and stuff I've subscribed to never ever shows in my feed. Or once in a blue moon a single article will appear in the reader or a dumb of 10.

For example, I have the Apple Movie Trailers site in my Google Reader. It never updates the same time the site updates and when it does update, it dumps in like 50 trailers at once.

Your feed URLs are bunk then, re-subscribe using a correct URL? All my feeds update instantly as soon as new articles are out on any of the tens of sources I'm subbed to.

Just checked greader out, I like it but far too many options/features for my liking :p :o

How does google currents compare to it and flipboard?

Currently use flipboard, which quite like.

Currents and Flipboard are more alike each other whereas Google Reader, I find, is just quicker and more controllable.

I do like control though.

Control freak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom