Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currents and Flipboard are more alike each other whereas Google Reader, I find, is just quicker and more controllable.

I do like control though.

Control freak?

Will have to give currents a go and see how I get on with it.

gReader is great, just way too many options for me :o I like choice, but not that much choice where it gives me a headache going through all the options and working out what does what :p :o

Yup!!! :p

Love pulse as well, but prefer flipboard. Used this app for quite a while on my spica and it was superb! Will have to give it another go as well!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...mNvbS50cmlsZWV0LmFuZHJvaWQubmV3c3Jvb21wcm8iXQ

EDIT:

Maybe I won't give newsroom a try :p as it appears that the developer has abandoned it :(

Last edited:
the problem with a lot of news readers are that they don't show the whole story...

Like reviews on Engadget - the review is all on on page should it should show all of the review on a news reader but it doesn't - just cuts off part way through the review.

I have only seen Flipboard show the whole review in-app!

Good thing with flipboard is I can save that review from Flipboard to Pocket so I can read it later(offline) and Pocket has awesome page formatting and OLED friendly black background.

Screenshot_2012-07-09-15-27-31.png
Screenshot_2012-07-09-15-27-23.png

Last edited:
ahhh - 2 ways sort the problem - 1. click the article title to load full article or 2. when the article stops short - there's a link to load full artice...................

........however it loads to the website moblie feed which means no more black background - good enough though as gReader lets me search the site for old articles unlike Flipboard and many others.

what decent mail app do you guys use?

im after one that will do push/pull gmail, hotmail, yahoo and also have the ability to delete off server if i delete off handset

thanks

edit: Gmail app for gmail is perfect

tried using Maildroid for yahoo and hotmail but if i delete off handset it wont delete off server, (ive set it to do this in settings)

is there an app that does them all?

Last edited:
After trying greader and google currents etc. out for most of the day I am sticking with flipboard!

Nice and simple for me! Plus it is more pretty in some ways :o

:p

what decent mail app do you guys use?

im after one that will do push/pull gmail, hotmail, yahoo and also have the ability to delete off server if i delete off handset

thanks

edit: Gmail app for gmail is perfect

tried using Maildroid for yahoo and hotmail but if i delete off handset it wont delete off server, (ive set it to do this in settings)

is there an app that does them all?

You can managed all your other accounts through GMail, meaning you can then just use the GMail app only.

I currently use 3 GMail accounts, 2 Hotmail accounts, and 2 other POP accounts all through GMail.

You can managed all your other accounts through GMail, meaning you can then just use the GMail app only.

I currently use 3 GMail accounts, 2 Hotmail accounts, and 2 other POP accounts all through GMail.

Thanks.

I've linked by gmail to Hotmail and yahoo but can't see the emails in Gmail. I've given permission to allow gmail access to hotmail and yahoo too

What am I doing wrong ?

Or do I have to add the hotmail and yahoo accounts separately in Gmail app ?

Last edited:
Weather Eye looks brilliant, similar style to SnowStorm widget but with a nicer UI and search/add location interface (SnowStorm's works but it's a bit broken as the columns are squashed in app).

rps20120710_083810.jpg

Now to decide which to keep!

Edit*
Sticking with SnowStorm, forecast is more detailed and accurate.

Also, new Nova update out, brings app animations (slide and Jelly bean for now). I prefer Slide animation, looks cool.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom