Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried out JB keyboard, seems exactly the same as ICS AOSP keyboard just minus the features of AOKP/CM additions (volume buttons move cursor etc).

Sticking to AOKP keyboard.

I like Swiftkey 3 yeah but my main use keyboard is the one I stripped from AOKP. Swiftkey doesn't have volume button cursors which would be nice to have.

Been trying the latest nova version out (beta 3) and it has improved since I last tried it!

Still to mess around with grid size etc. but currently the 5x4 and small width and no height margin etc. it looks much better than it did previously, apex still looks a bit better though.

The 2 biggest things that I like is the animations for when you open and close an app etc. you have the choice of using the jellybean animation or ICS if you want, which looks pretty nice, usually couldn't care less about that but I quite like it now :p

Plus for us HTC one owners on stock sense, it makes a nice change as we don't really have any animations for that area :p

Can also change the stock icons to jellybean/stock android icons.

And when ever selecting my brightness via qbright, the widgets no longer come up saying "loading" instead it just goes blank for like 2 milli seconds and they all appear just like apex, which I prefer.

Will keep it for the next day and see how things go, but so far I am impressed! Feels more polished than apex now and apex isn't being updated enough where as nova is so it is starting to fall a bit behind now.

All that needs to be sorted out is the UI of the app drawer folders when opened! Still too ugly/bland looking, so probably won't bother with them for now.

EDIT:

Yeah the 4x4 grid is still screwed up regarding the widgets :(

EDIT:

I can't decide between the JB or ICS animation now :o :p

Last edited:
I use 5x4 grip. No need for 4x4.

Yeah, but I am using smooth calendar and so can't resize it to fill the extra gap :(

Like that agenda widget which you use now, but only problem is you can't highlight events that are happening etc.

There's only one winner :p

So you have finally seen the animation I was on about. :D

Wonder which one you are referring to.......... :p

:D

Yup, at first I couldn't really care less about those animations but it is rather nice having them now :p

Going to be flicking between them for the next 2 days trying to decide now :p :o

Code:
http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/files/LatinIME.apk
http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/android/files/LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk

You need both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom