Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm im still on the lookout for a weather app which is similar to sense and the Touchwiz weather widget ie you can add different locations from around the world. Something that will scroll through those locations on your home screen automatically like the Touchwiz and Sense weather widgets.

As of yet i havent found anything remotely close to those 2, i do like the touchwiz weather widget but kinda wish it would be better looking though.

Look at what I found :p:

Lju9r.png

:D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.calsto.statusbar.jb&feature=search_result

No need for root access etc. just install and you have the stock android JB black status bar straight away :cool:

Only problem is in order to get notifications, you have to grant access to pretty much everything so in other words it can access all your texts that you receive etc. :(

Also, anyone like the tweak that Samsung built into the new touchwiz on the GS 3, where if you're in a full screen app, you can access the notification bar/tray by just swiping down?

Well now you can do it on every other android mobile as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiumiu.ca.statusbar.free&feature=search_result

:cool:

Really like the theme / wallpaper and widgets.. What are they? How do I get them? I''ve downloaded the status bar.

Cheers.

Really like the theme / wallpaper and widgets.. What are they? How do I get them? I''ve downloaded the status bar.

Cheers.

Left screen - APW widgets with pro license key with the modern ICS skin

Middle screen - weather widget with the built in sketchy skin and custom text colour, agenda widget and shortcut text icons (will upload the backed up settings closer to the time)

Right screen - power toggle widget, notes/tasks widget

Lastly the launcher is Apex

With these dock icons (again made by mrk):

eMSNI.png lJqJJ.png kcKTK.png KgJ9N.png Gf9fO.png

Just need to transfer those icons onto the mobile SD card section and hold down on the dock icons and choose "apply icon/picture without cropping" then navigate using the gallery and select the required icon.

That would just be a black wallpaper from google images :p

aLgrw.png

IIRC there is an option in apex to not have a wallpaper though (so will just be black as well).

I thought you were quoting me for a second!

:p

Hey Nexus, cheers for that! I don't really know where to start though.. such a noob lol.

I've downloaded apw widgets along with the pro license key and the modern ics skin but don't know how to install the skin.. :(

Don't suppose you could elaborate on the tutorial in more depth for a noob :P

Thanks.

No problem :)

Oh dear................ :o :p

After you have added the widget to the homescreen, you click on it to modify it and there is an option right there saying "theme", click on that and then another sub menu with more settings regarding the theme are brought up, choose your theme under "select theme":

7Jnmc.png

vS4iR.png

BTW, just to let you know that is for all 3 of my homescreens, not just that one middle homescreen, which you quoted above:

z2zsu.png

Any app that will let you stream content from a homegroup, set of windows 7 machines? I want to stream some movies of my hard drive using my tablet but don't really know how to set it up

BS Player does this fine as well, you just need to setup on the windows machine which folders you want to share and you login with Bsplayer and it sees the shared folders.

I'm pretty sure it's already been mentioned, but AirDroid is an amazing program especially for free.
No need to take my phone out of my pocket when I'm sat on my laptop to reply to messages or move files about.

You could either use BS Player and navigate to your network share, or use something like ES File Explorer, set it to Lan mode and then navigate to your movie and it should ask you want video application you want to open it in.

I'm currently using bsplayer but can't figure out how to connect to my network.

Does anyone know of a weather app for weather geeks? Not just something that says "It might rain, derp". Preferably with a nice UI.

Not sure it it'll be geeky enough but I've been using 'Weather Forecast UK'.

I was using 'UK Weather' for some time but switched to the above as it provides the same info if a little more with a slicker interface. Free and paid for versions are available. Widget background can be transparent. Both have data provided by the Met Office so accuracy isn't bad. I have Nexus's mentioned Snowstorm and find it a tidy widget with plenty of configuration and pretty accurate too.

I also use Rain Alarm Pro for warnings of approaching soakings :( It's been busy the last few months :eek:

I also use Weather Pro and have a subscription but don't use the widget.

In case of phone failure or nuclear attack there is a piece of seaweed hung outside the door :D

I also use Rain Alarm Pro for warnings of approaching soakings :( It's been busy the last few months :eek:

Why oh why did I not know about this months ago!? :(

Edit/ The app tells me that I can add audible alerts when rain is approaching in the paid version. Can you add custom sounds? If yes they can have my £3 and I'm putting the "it gon rain" quote from family guy on straight away :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom