Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heads Up! Gameloft’s Asphalt 7: Heat hits the Play Store for 69p

gsmarena_001.jpg

not sure if its been asked/mentioned already(don't want to go through 141 pages) but what's the best sms backup/restore app? I want to backup the sms on my htc desire and transfer them to the xperia play.

have had the htc desire since march 2010 and bought the xperia play back in january as an 'upgrade' but still using the desire as not got around to transferring the sms messages.

I use SMS Backup & Restore. Does exactly what the name suggests :p

I've been using SMS Backup+ for years now. It automatically backs up into my Gmail and now gives the option to restore. I changed from the one above as that meant you had to backup xml files off of the card in case you lost the phone :)

I've been using SMS Backup+ for years now. It automatically backs up into my Gmail and now gives the option to restore. I changed from the one above as that meant you had to backup xml files off of the card in case you lost the phone :)
Yeah there's an add-on by the same dev (when you go to Backup Settings) which adds e-mail and Dropbox support, the latter being pretty useful too.

Your app sounds like a decent one though, might switch over :)

Yeah there's an add-on by the same dev (when you go to Backup Settings) which adds e-mail and Dropbox support, the latter being pretty useful too.

Your app sounds like a decent one though, might switch over :)

I noticed the email setting as well and I did run both for a bit. Trouble was you have to set it to a schedule whereas backup+ will just do it automatically when they come in. Just less to worry about :)

I run both SMS Backup+, and SMS Backup & Restore w/DropBox add-on. I use the former so that I have an archive of SMS's in my Gmail account and can delete them from my phone; the latter I use when for actual backup/restore purposes when I accidentally delete something or I'm flashing ROMs.

I used SMS backup+, when backing up I'm sure it said 912 items. When I came to restore on the xperia play it said 902 items, but by the time the restore was finished it said 747(-242 duplicates, well I can't remember exact numbers but roughly what it said).

Looking at the SMS messages looks like its got most if not all restored on xperia play, will need to look through them to make sure. As for the call logs it looks like it only restored the ones from 1st july, I've had the phone for like 2yrs 4months so have quite a long call log which it hasn't restored.

Will need to check but looks like its got the SMS and logs in gmail fine so I guess I can live with that as long as the important messages are on the xperia play, can refer to the copy on gmail should I need anything that wasn't restored.

Can finally start to use the xperia play and restore the desire to factory settings and try upgrading it to gingerbread or rooting it.

Not the right thread but after months I finally tried using the voucher code for 3 free gameloft games that came with the xperia play experience dock, when I enter the code it fives the error saying that its either incorrect or been used. I had the same problem with the wipeout 2048 code for the vita, took like 4 tries but Vodafone support finally got me a working code(well it took like 1 1/2months after top up to get the code to find it didn't work, then a couple weeks to get a working code).

I use SMS Backup+ as well and delete message threads on a regular basis to keep the app fast. I don't see the point in keeping them on the phone, they are difficult to browse for starters. Also, if you lost your phone and couldn't remote wipe, there's less information to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom