Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you need is a external micro sd slot HTC one series users. Unforgivable fopar. Would have given them a second look as I like how sense lays certain stuff out. Still love TV Catchup application. Brill.

Anyone have any good "Android for idiots" style resources that they could point me out for system configuration and apps please? Hopefully getting my first Android later this week and don't have a clue! (it's a One S, so hoping they send an S4 as promised and not an S3...)

Hey guys, I'm looking for an app to manage my time in a weekly schedule, but I'm not having much luck.
Google calendar does what I want but I was wondering if there is an alternative because I don't like it that much.

Basically what I want is to schedule time for certain tasks that will be repeated weekly, but I need a graphical display like this:
(Just the middle bit, with the length of the boxes relating to the amount of time allocated to the task)
qa32Z.jpg

Any ideas? I can use Google calendar if necessary because you can get it to display like that but I was wondering if there was anything else on the market.

Business Calendar does this (there is a free and paid version) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=netgenius.bizcal&hl=en

Didn't realise that the developers of the jellybean status bar app also has an ICS status bar app.

Only tried it out very briefly, but it actually seems to work better than the JB app, no lag at all, updates the notifications quicker (still slower than the stock NB though).

Don't know if I will continue to use it though due to having to grant access to every thing.

will try it cheers :D

edit:

do you think its worth leaving apps open instead of closing them with an app killer? i'm seeing mixed views

Last edited:
question...

How do I make an android device to run lets say YouTube in background while browsing www ?

It is possible on iPad with using youtube app, but cant get it working on android...

am I missing something or it is not possible ?

Anyone have any good "Android for idiots" style resources that they could point me out for system configuration and apps please? Hopefully getting my first Android later this week and don't have a clue! (it's a One S, so hoping they send an S4 as promised and not an S3...)

Erm, if I may...

http://hemorrdroids.net/beginners-guide-to-android/

Hopefully help you with your first Android :)

1.57 gig here...weird!

hmmm...got a screenshot?

Screenshot_2012-08-07-09-39-12.png

New nova update out!

1.3beta3 August 7 2012

Merge jellybean launcher
* Automatic desktop rearrangement
* Automatic widget resize
* Fling to delete
* Smoother
* More
Import settings from other launchers (Stock, Samsung, HTC, Moto, Trebuchet, Apex)
Custom Drawer grid size
Add Info/Uninstall to quick menu, better centering and scrolling
Update JB Icon Theme for Moto ICS
Fix FCs

Will give it a try but can see myself ending back on apex again! :p

The new Nova update is flawless so far, with all the new Jelly Bean features I now miss nothing from the stock launcher on my phone. The latest Apex beta isn't as smooth scrolling between home screens with the card stack animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom