Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here used Facedroid? It's a Facebook app designed for tablets:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.platinumapps.facedroid

The official Facebook app is utterly terrible on my Tab 8.9, it clearly isn't designed with Tablets in mind at all. I don't particularly like the idea of having to pay for an app when the free one should work, but it's only £1.35 and if it makes things easier it's probably worth it.

I'm having to use the full site at the moment, which is far too slow on the Tab's browser and a bit fiddly too.

Starting to use my S3 a lot, lots of apps etc... Love this phone - best phone I've ever had, it's so intuitive and it just works so well, and you can customise the hell out of it - which I love.

However, is there a way of moving apps to the SD card, or at least utilising the SD card more?

android is a breath of fresh air, isn't it?! :D

:p

No going back to apple now! :p

If your phone is rooted, Link2SD:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD&hl=en

Can move apps that usually can't be moved to the SD card. This freed up a good 30mb on my PLAY with it's tiny 380mb internal.

This won't work on the s3 because of the file structure. There is a mod on xda that I will be doing later today that swaps your internal phone sd for an external sd so instead of about 11gb for apps you can have 64gb (with a 64gb card). Unfortunately you need to be rooted with a kernel that supports init.d

Hugest

Last edited:
No but I'm very familiar with windows and even if I **** it up I won't have permanently disabled it's operation! Which is the impression I get can happen if you **** up rooting. It's a too expensive and important asset to **** up! :p

It actually takes quite an effort to completely screw up a phone. There are so many recovery methods and tricks.

Simply rooting doesn't bring you anywhere near doing any sort of damage to your phone in any case.

Erm... yes it can? I've got mine resized to 5x2 on a 5x10 grid to overlap my Minimalistic Text widget and reduce the gap between them.

Just make sure you've got 'resize all widgets' enabled in Nova/Apex settings - it is there, I was only trying Nova again yesterday - but I too went back to Apex lol

I know you can resize it but when I did do that the widget got stretched and looked awful.....

But I have just tried resizing it to 4x2 and it looked fine :confused:

Might have to mess around with grid sizes on apex now :p

Last edited:
Starting to use my S3 a lot, lots of apps etc... Love this phone - best phone I've ever had, it's so intuitive and it just works so well, and you can customise the hell out of it - which I love.

However, is there a way of moving apps to the SD card, or at least utilising the SD card more?

Modern phones have massive internal memory for apps, seems kinda pointless using app to SD.

I have 77 apps installed (and quite a few games like dead trigger, angry birds etc. installed) and in total they are only consuming 618MB :p

Last edited:
In a way I actually; refer the ICS animations now as they softly and quickly dad in and out, just feels more fluid and snappy compared to Nova slide and the stock JB animations I fkashed our previously.

yeah I definitely preferred the ICS animations too. They were nice and sleek. But JB is definitely the better OS.

My point was 16GB phones should not exist soley :p

Need either an sd-slot, or more storage options.

Yeah I know what you mean :)

I personally don't miss the SD slot at all now, at first was a bit worried but since I don't really listen to music (went through my music collection the other day and deleted like 6GB, now only have like 2GB and 2 albums would probably take up 1GB :p :o, seriously no idea how some people have over 30GB of music that they would actually listen to a fair bit :confused:) and can fit a few tv episodes and/or 720P/1080P films on it doesn't bother me in the slightest now and I actually like not having the SD slot, less faff with moving stuff over and just not having to worry at all.

But in this day and age, the majority of top/mid end range phones should definitely have 32GB internal storage especially since it is so cheap these days.

Hey guys, I'm looking for an app to manage my time in a weekly schedule, but I'm not having much luck.
Google calendar does what I want but I was wondering if there is an alternative because I don't like it that much.

Basically what I want is to schedule time for certain tasks that will be repeated weekly, but I need a graphical display like this:
(Just the middle bit, with the length of the boxes relating to the amount of time allocated to the task)
qa32Z.jpg

Any ideas? I can use Google calendar if necessary because you can get it to display like that but I was wondering if there was anything else on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom