Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't use landscape view so not sure what the issue is, there's no redraw issues, but then I've never had redraw issues with Nova, it's as smooth, if not smoother than the stock Jelly Bean launcher now though, the stutter when first opening the app drawer is gone.

This is what apex looks like and how it should look:

xTwa8.png
And this is how Nova looks:

KpUmK.png
The widgets also don't look right even in portrait mode especially for 4x4 grid.

I had loads of redraws with nova particularly the app drawer (wee circle loading), not really too much of an issue as everything loaded back instantly, but it was an annoying niggle as apex doesn't do this (at least now where as much anyway)

Will give this a try later anyway and see if some of the issues are resolved/improved.

Last edited:
hmmm...got a screenshot?

Screenshot_2012-08-07-09-39-12.png

Screenshot_2012-08-07-22-33-10.png

Ok been giving the new nova a go and so far I am pretty impressed with the smoothness and quickness, honestly didn't think it could get much better on the S as it was already super quick and smooth :p Screen feels more responsive to touch as well. Really looking forward to JB now :D :p

But the landscape issue is still there as well as the widgets looking completely off no matter what margin/grid size I try......... (maybe I am just being too OCD like Tom_D :p :o)

If I don't encounter as many redraws and the other niggles I had before I might stick with it. Pretty impressed so far :)

Edit:
And back on apex again :p

Not actually as big of a difference in smoothness as what I originally thought..... It does feel more responsive though.

Still has too many niggles that ruin/outweigh the good features it has over apex for me personally.

Last edited:
exDialer update.

v106
*Improve phone number format
*Option to toggle whether to format phone number
*Smarter on matching for national/international numbers
*Fix something to be compatible with Nexus7
*Option to enable hardware acceleration
*Relate text size of dialed digits with text size setting
*Fix bug of search box focus, when using hardware keyboard
*Remove useless Korean T9 letters

Ok been giving the new nova a go and so far I am pretty impressed with the smoothness and quickness, honestly didn't think it could get much better on the S as it was already super quick and smooth :p Screen feels more responsive to touch as well. Really looking forward to JB now :D :p

But the landscape issue is still there as well as the widgets looking completely off no matter what margin/grid size I try......... (maybe I am just being too OCD like Tom_D :p :o)

If I don't encounter as many redraws and the other niggles I had before I might stick with it. Pretty impressed so far :)

Edit:
And back on apex again :p

Not actually as big of a difference in smoothness as what I originally thought..... It does feel more responsive though.

Still has too many niggles that ruin/outweigh the good features it has over apex for me personally.

i told u nova is the best. forget apex lol

Lol read the last part :p :D

It is weird as I put nova back on again yesterday.............. :o :p

And when scrolling through the menu/settings of nova, it is very smooth, however, the homescreens and app drawer scrolling isn't as smooth as apex (first time I tried it I thought it was, but after switching back and forth, it wasn't), plus using the JB/ICS open/close app animations aren't as quick as what I would like, seems like a tiny bit of delay in order for them to happen, where as with the default animations (very subtle fade in/out) and apex, everything is instant.

Although the good news is that I didn't encounter any redraws, well at least no where as many as there where on previous versions of nova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom