Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep, would you be kind enough to post a screenshot of the conversation view too please?I just had a go with Chomp, Go SMS, Pansi, handcent and couldn't get them to do what I want. The stock HTC Sense app is fantastic though, I just want it to have a darker background to improve battery life - I think I might be out of luck!

He hasn't got a one S (well not afaik anyway! :p), it is a galaxy nexus.

And if you want to achieve something looking like that on the S, you have to root.

As for sms apps, go sms is the best overall but as you said bloated with features.

I like this one a lot, however, it is too limited in features! :p

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sImNvbS5hbmRyb2lkcHJvZHVjdGlvbnMuaWNzLnNtcyJd

I am sticking with the sense one, looks pretty :p and it has all the necessary features required.

Deep, would you be kind enough to post a screenshot of the conversation view too please?I just had a go with Chomp, Go SMS, Pansi, handcent and couldn't get them to do what I want. The stock HTC Sense app is fantastic though, I just want it to have a darker background to improve battery life - I think I might be out of luck!

gFn8E.png

You can customise the colours how you want. Looking at it, mine look a bit fruity :o

I have a HTC Desire S, could some please recommend how to back up the phone to PC? not sure if there is a good app out there that would do it

Thanks

What did you want to back up?

Contacts should be synced anyway. If you want to backup apps, you'll need to be rooted. SMS Backup & Restore for texts. Photos etc are on the SD card so you can just transfer them. That's about it :p

The easiest way would be to do a nandroid backup in recover once you're rooted, just makes a whole image of the phone.

What did you want to back up?

Contacts should be synced anyway. If you want to backup apps, you'll need to be rooted. SMS Backup & Restore for texts. Photos etc are on the SD card so you can just transfer them. That's about it :p

The easiest way would be to do a nandroid backup in recover once you're rooted, just makes a whole image of the phone.

Pics mainly, so just a case to find where they are once I plug my phone in. Any idea? Thanks

my friend has downloaded a load of games and one has given some random ppi notifications. i'm trying to help out over the phone, is there any suggestions, other then uninstall one at a time until it goes, that will help solve the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom