Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend has downloaded a load of games and one has given some random ppi notifications. i'm trying to help out over the phone, is there any suggestions, other then uninstall one at a time until it goes, that will help solve the issue?

Try Airpush Detector from the store. This found the annoying app that was spamming my brother in laws phone with some power saving rubbish spam.

Been an avid user of Handscent since i had my first android phone but recently its become bigger and bigger, very bloaty now

It even stared appearing more frequently in my batterystat wakelocks so decided it was time to go. Found goSMS the same a while back

ChompSMS is looking good, all the features with minimum fuss.

Pics mainly, so just a case to find where they are once I plug my phone in. Any idea? Thanks

Normally in a folder called .DCIM i think mate. Just poke around the folders once you have the phone plugged in. You wont hurt it, anything important isnt available for you to mess about with.

What do people use for IM? I used to use Meebo and loved it, but Google bought it and closed it :(.

I want the simplest, cleanest UI possible. Meebo was brilliant. No avatars, no flashy graphics, small text so you could fit everything on the screen nicely. Lovely. Everything else I have tried since is rubbish.

I've tried some of the commonly recomended ones, like Trillian, and imo, but they are all far to busy. I'm hoping you guys on here will know of some more obscure ones that might have a far simpler UI. Any suggestions?

What do people use for IM? I used to use Meebo and loved it, but Google bought it and closed it :(.

I want the simplest, cleanest UI possible. Meebo was brilliant. No avatars, no flashy graphics, small text so you could fit everything on the screen nicely. Lovely. Everything else I have tried since is rubbish.

I've tried some of the commonly recomended ones, like Trillian, and imo, but they are all far to busy. I'm hoping you guys on here will know of some more obscure ones that might have a far simpler UI. Any suggestions?

Try IM+ it's the best I've found. You can turn on compact mode to get rid of avatars and you can disable emoticons. Only problem is there are ads in the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom