Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try IM+ it's the best I've found. You can turn on compact mode to get rid of avatars and you can disable emoticons. Only problem is there are ads in the free version.

Cheers, giving it a bosh now.

The reduced contact list is nice, but the individual chat windows are still full of pointless oversized gumph that doesn't need to be there :(

Best alternative I've seen so far though.

Lapse It / Lapse It Pro

This is an awesome app. Can be set to take a photo every 1 second up to x minutes for basically as long as you want. Anything from 240p to full sensor resolution and then render up to 720p MP4 on your phone or keep the images for rendering yourself later on.

Crappy one from me on the plane yesterday holding it against the window. Going to look at buying a cheap tripod/stand to make some better ones.
planeres.gif

Not sure i follow, you mean automatically upload every photo you take? If so i believe dropbox will do that.

If you just want normal photo uploading i use imgur for android which you can use from photo share menu then just click to copy the url.

I've just found drop box but the link it provides to the image is just a thumbnail, not the full image. Any idea how I change this?

Basically I've bought a new car and as such joined the owners club. I wish to take photos of the car to put into a project thread. Downloading them from my phone onto the computer then to upload to tinypic and having to enter words for security for every picture is tedious.

What I want is to take pictures on my phone, select ones to upload from my phone with no security measures and then to be able to link to them for the forums.

I'm not sure. Dropbox seems to produce different links on phone than it does on PC. If you install it on your PC then all the images will sync to the folder and you can just right click > copy public link and then it's a standard image link.

If you want to do it all from your phone i'd use imgur then. You can create an album in the app and upload the files to it and then 1 click to copy each link, easy peasy.

Something that has been probably done to death, but I'll ask again just in case.

What's the best SMS app in terms of simplicity? I'm finding Go SMS Pro is just too cluttered with features and extras and I just want something streamlined and easy.

Is ChompSMS still worth a shout? Is Handcent still quite bloated?

Something that has been probably done to death, but I'll ask again just in case.

What's the best SMS app in terms of simplicity? I'm finding Go SMS Pro is just too cluttered with features and extras and I just want something streamlined and easy.

Is ChompSMS still worth a shout? Is Handcent still quite bloated?

Why not just stick with the stock app?.

Why not just stick with the stock app?.
That would be fine, but I don't like the way the stock app works.

I much prefer a more 'iPhone' approach to the conversation list, plus I appreciate things like delayed sending, choosing which groups to use for contacts, editing the colour-scheme, etc.

I've just found drop box but the link it provides to the image is just a thumbnail, not the full image. Any idea how I change this?

Basically I've bought a new car and as such joined the owners club. I wish to take photos of the car to put into a project thread. Downloading them from my phone onto the computer then to upload to tinypic and having to enter words for security for every picture is tedious.

What I want is to take pictures on my phone, select ones to upload from my phone with no security measures and then to be able to link to them for the forums.

You could use Flickr. Upload the photos to flickr after you've taken them then share them from there. Or Google+ Ap does it automatically each time you take a photo. I believe they reside in your Picasa account and you can share them from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom