Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
A must have hacked app for HD YouTube fans...adds HD YT to non-HD screened devices - NEEDS ROOT!

Also adds black theme and proper HD over 3G. Tried it on my SGS2 and works great!

Thanks to Nexus18 for pointing me to the thread :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1529715

On my SGS2:

641020e1.png

Skillmister's comparison: HQ vs HD :cool:

qTk1f.png

7hz1F.jpg

Last edited:
Smart Keyboard Pro is the best keyboard on the market

Thanks. I like this. Nice skins and it seems to correct my typing predictions a lot better than Swiftkey. The only advantage I suppose with Swiftkey is that it predicts the next word for you, where this doesn't. However I found that wasn't massively useful as by the time I had looked at the words it was suggesting and moved my hand to press it, I could have type it out.
Plus it seemed to not correct my spelling as well because of that.
If they added that feature this would be better.

Thanks. I like this. Nice skins and it seems to correct my typing predictions a lot better than Swiftkey. The only advantage I suppose with Swiftkey is that it predicts the next word for you, where this doesn't. However I found that wasn't massively useful as by the time I had looked at the words it was suggesting and moved my hand to press it, I could have type it out.
Plus it seemed to not correct my spelling as well because of that.
If they added that feature this would be better.

The main issue with this keyboard is that it automatically adds the word to your dictionary, even if it's spelt wrong.
It's also really a bit time consuming to delete the incorrect words from the dictionary.

However, this is a minor quibble as the rest more than makes up for it IMO

Can you advise why the app needs to be able to directly call phone numbers and have full internet access given that it states all the info in on the app itself and doesn't need a signal to work?

The info section loads some text about current red cross projects. In the emergency section one of the steps takes you to the dialer screen with the emergency services no. ready for you to dial. ;)

Ta :)

I thought it would be something like that (big red button for you to press which would let the phone dial the appropriate number dependant on where you are) but just checking :)

It's the Red Cross after all, not Jimmy's Junk :p

Is it just me, or is the current version of Google Nav really, really quiet?

I've got everything cranked up as loud as it can go but you can barely hear a whisper from the speaker.

Is this a widespread problem or just me and the Galaxy Nexus I'm currently using?

Is it just me, or is the current version of Google Nav really, really quiet?

I've got everything cranked up as loud as it can go but you can barely hear a whisper from the speaker.

Is this a widespread problem or just me and the Galaxy Nexus I'm currently using?

It's just you. I was using it yesterday on my S2 and it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom