Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
What apps can only be used on unrooted phones? I'm managing unrooted at the moment, so want to make use of whatever advantage it might have :)

I have the Barclays app already, I don't have Sky... is there anything else?

I have discovered (probly yeeeaaars later than everyone else!!) the joys of 'Link2SD'...

My Poor Ageing Xperia Arc was feeling the pinch of its measly 380Mb of RAM and what with me Rooting and unlocking the Bootloader, I thought it was time I had a play with expanding the Memory!...

So after partitioning off 1Gb(ish) of my 16Gb card, I moved a very large portion of the already installed apps over, and then installed some that I wanted to have a 'play' with (340Mb in all... :D )

My 'Manage Apps' now looks like this!...

20120901153356.png

Here's a quick snap of my Link2SD storage management...

20120901155113.png

Very happy bunny!, and I've not noticed any lag or slow-down (I am running ICS on a very underpowered phone!)...

Gives me room to test Apex next to Nova. Been using Apex for 6 months, wanted to see if Nova was Better/Different...

:)

New apex beta out and the open/close app animations now work on ICS phones as well :D Although after a while of using JB/ICS animations, I kind of prefer the very faint fade in/out animation of sense instead :p :o

Added drawer grid settings
Added activity animation options
Fixed some FC issues
Updated translations

Absolutely no reason to use nova now! :p Unless you really want app drawer folders......

I am not fussed on nova at all really, has a few more gesture based stuff and in some areas it is slightly better, however, it has way too many niggles, which rule it out completely for me. For some reason widgets, text and icons look way better on apex compared to nova, not to mention the landscape view!

Regarding the beta, from here (first post):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1452663

Or you can just do this :p

Beta updates available via Apex settings > About Apex Launcher > Automatically check for updates > Beta version.

Nexus18 said:
Granny Smith

Awesome little game, same studio behind Sprinkle
That is a great wee game indeed! Thanks :D
Thirded. Has anyone found whether the three playable characters (Granny Smith, Scruffy and Stanley) have different qualities?

EDIT: Reply from Henrik Johansson ( henrik AT mediocre DOT se ) after e-mailing Mediocre Games ( info AT mediocre DOT se ):

"The characters do not have different qualities. We considered it but it made level design too complicated and we didn't want to include it at the cost less complex levels."

Last edited:
MyLifeOrganized

MyLifeOrganized - Pretty awesome hierarchical to do list / organiser / project manager:

Hierarchical To-Do List
--------------------------
Organize your tasks into projects and break down large tasks until you have reasonably sized actions. Using an unlimited task hierarchy, and the ability to focus on subsections, MyLifeOrganized allows you to build a task management system to suit your needs.

Next Actions
--------------
MyLifeOrganized can prepare a simple list of next actions which require your immediate attention. This list is updated automatically once you complete a task, change your location or assign new context.

Things To Do Near You
--------------------------
Assign contexts to your tasks and get the list of actions for your current GPS location or even get reminders for tasks near you.

Recurring & Regenerating Tasks
------------------------------------
You can set recurrence pattern for your task to regenerate it on a specific interval.

Collaboration
---------------
Share your task list with other people located anywhere or even work together on the same project.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.mylifeorganized.mlo&hl=en

http://www.mylifeorganized.net/products/my-life-organized/Android-todo-list.htm

Yeah that granny smith game is sooooo addictive, I would actually say it is my favourite game on android to date! Far better than angry birds :p

And no I don't think there is any difference between the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom