Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I thought your contract expired in May....

Going to be a huge upgrade, couldn't stick my spica in the last 5 months, decent enough phone for basic stuff but absolute rubbish when it came to games, RAM, always just constant niggles with ROMs as well etc. particularly when the device slowed down after like a month or two, reboots, memory leaks etc. and the only way to speed it up was to do a fresh install of a ROM :mad:

Yeah, I have seen that as well, although didn't Samsung offer him a job and I think he took it so they probably told him that he would have to stop working on the spica and to concentrate on their newer phones.

I give up on his work a long time ago, just took forever to do anything and iirc he still hasn't got the camera working officially on his ROM, some other guy just enabled, which was quite funny as every time I asked about it, he always just said soon or when it's finished and this was the same answer for over like a year :rolleyes:

Apex Launcher 1.3 beta 4 running sweet as a nut for me at the moment.

Does it have a 'tablet' style to it on the Nexus 7, with more icons/widgets on the home screen, etc? I have Apex on my phone and its great, but I don't want my Nexus 7 to just look like a big version of my phone.

Does it have a 'tablet' style to it on the Nexus 7, with more icons/widgets on the home screen, etc? I have Apex on my phone and its great, but I don't want my Nexus 7 to just look like a big version of my phone.

It has a "use tablet ui mode" if that's what you mean. This disables the dock bar and switches "persistent search bar" on, although you can override these if you wish. The rest is down to your personal preference, have as many icons and widgets as you want spread across multiple home screens.

Anyone able to answer this?

What I want really is a full backup like a disc image that will save everything should the phone every die or gets bricked for any reason :D

Thanks

Cyclone is right, Titanium is only good for apps and data, CWM is the goto for a full system image that you can copy off the phone/backup as required.

Titanium is still a worthy purchase for changing roms, freezing/uninstalling apps though. The pro version just runs so much better it's a must have app for me.

Think Myphoneexplorer does a Backup of Apps as well as the Phone its self!!...

As for Contacts, Calendar and anything Google related (should include user settings) and even apps (as I've just re-built my phone and it re-installed everything for me automgicaly!!) is to tell the phone under 'Backup & Reset' to 'Back up my data' and if you want 'Automatic restore'... :)

But if you also want a full unadulterated 1:1 copy/backup of your phone that you can store 'offline' on another device then Clockwork Mod (as Cyclone said) is probly your best bet!! and it's free (well the one i found for my Xperia in 'Flashtool' was)

It has a "use tablet ui mode" if that's what you mean. This disables the dock bar and switches "persistent search bar" on, although you can override these if you wish. The rest is down to your personal preference, have as many icons and widgets as you want spread across multiple home screens.

Cheers. Got the free version at the moment. Its very similar to the stock Samsung Tab UI.

What benifits does the Pro version give, and can I buy it once and use it on both my phone and my tablet and any future devices?

I just don't understand why the vanilla Android UI still doesn't have a landscape mode?

Cheers. Got the free version at the moment. Its very similar to the stock Samsung Tab UI.

What benifits does the Pro version give, and can I buy it once and use it on both my phone and my tablet and any future devices?

I just don't understand why the vanilla Android UI still doesn't have a landscape mode?

I'm pretty sure it does you just need to disable the screen rotation lock in the settings iirc.

I'm pretty sure it does you just need to disable the screen rotation lock in the settings iirc.

That rotates all apps and things, but the home screen and app drawer still stay portrait only.

It never used to be a problem as the stock Android launcher was poo, but in the newer versions its really caught up and passed a lot of other launcher options (its far better than HTC Sense now), but the lack of portrait home screens and app drawer means I still replace it almost instantly.

Is Cerberus still regarded as the best tracking / security app available for Android atm?

Lost my phone the other night & was lucky enough to get it back the following morning, but it just made me realise how I hadn't taken losing my phone seriously enough so would like to be prepared if it ever happens again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom