Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reply from Henrik Johansson ( henrik AT mediocre DOT se ) after e-mailing Mediocre Games ( info AT mediocre DOT se ) regarding Granny Smith:

"The characters do not have different qualities. We considered it but it made level design too complicated and we didn't want to include it at the cost less complex levels."

I bought it too, I like it after 3 levels, Can't imagine I'm the only one that loves making her do double flips on most things.
Weirdly though (may be fixed by restarting) but it seems laggy on my sgs3. Shouldnt.

Yeah I keep doing loads of flips as well :D

Love watching back the round in the black and white mode afterwards, seeing your character going through a window or something in slow motion :D

Yeah, there is just a tiny bit of lag in the menus of the game but in game is super smooth on my one S and there is like a slight bug when you return to the previous menu, it doesn't actually fully return.

Hmm restarted the phone and its the same. Her movements are really jerky, like the motions slows down when I try getting her to grab stuff, or as she's approaching a jump. Which is rather annoying.

Hmm restarted the phone and its the same. Her movements are really jerky, like the motions slows down when I try getting her to grab stuff, or as she's approaching a jump. Which is rather annoying.

Zero lag here in-game itself, it does lag when I do go back into the main menu though.

Should show up in the task manager or install an app like quick system info to see RAM/CPU usage.

It could just be poor optimization for the GS 3 hardware, quite a few apps weren't very well optimized for the GS 3 when it was released.

Best to ask in the GS 3 thread and see if others are experiencing the same problems and that way you will know for sure if it is an optimization problem or just something your phone.

I had a quick look through the comments for the app and people with a gs3 seemed happy, so im wondering what I have causing the problem.

Does 525mb of 750mb seem like a lot even when I clear the memory??

Last edited:
No idea unless you list every app you have installed here :p Or if you have app brain installed you could just list your app brain page here. Have you rooted and flashed custom Rom's or tweaks on your GS 3?

Regarding the RAM, yes that is a lot of free memory when tasks/apps are cleared, the remaining will be for stock features/apps that can't be killed, although this isn't like windows, where having loads of free memory is a good thing, android runs best when the memory is being consumed (although obviously not when you have like only 30MB free :p)and is perfectly normal.

On my S I am using 480MB and have 205MB free.

Yeah, I asked if you had as often custom Rom's/tweaks could be causing issues like that.

It isn't!

Same things, just not done quite as well!

Whenever I put ICS on my 'underpowered phone' nova is laggy and stuttery while apex is just the dog's danglies! :)

Have you tried Go Launcher, I flicked lightly between the three and always found GO better. Did I miss a trick?

Had a play with all 3, and I've gone back to Apex (now using the Beta), Nova just didn't seem as polished as Apex, okay it has 'Widget Overlapping' as standard (free version) but that wasn't enough to keep it!! and had a play with GoEX and even Go-Locker... Both (well GoEX I suppose as Locker is just a plugin) just didn't seem as 'smooth and easy to use as Apex nor did it seem as 'ICSish' (is that a word??... it is now!!) it actually fealt like I'd gone back to Gingerbread!!...

Nope! gonna stick with Apex (might even be the very first App I buy!! :eek: )

Yep, still got the spica :( I can't upgrade 'till Oct 16th (unless I pay to upgrade early...)

The other half has a nice shiny super-duper S3 and I can't ****ing wait to get my paws on one cos she won't let me root hers! (don't blame her, with all the carp software I put on the spica I'm not surprised - probably blames me lol)

Six weeks, one day and counting!!!

It feels like MUCH more than two years I've had this thing!!

Ironically enough, tom3q's GB ROM is STILL not finished... he started working on that just after I got my phone - and now he's basically saying he's giving up on it - don't blame him, it's a carp little phone with even more carp hardware!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom