Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way - either via a third-party app or even built into Android and I've just not found it yet - of initiating a call via a voice command? Say for instance, when I'm driving and need to call the missus?

To be honest, I think the whole voice thing is a bit naff, but this is the one time I can think of that it would be useful ...

Is there a way - either via a third-party app or even built into Android and I've just not found it yet - of initiating a call via a voice command? Say for instance, when I'm driving and need to call the missus?

To be honest, I think the whole voice thing is a bit naff, but this is the one time I can think of that it would be useful ...

Have the google widget on you screen, press the little microphone icon on it and say "call personsname mobile"

My latest games downloads

Siege Hero (like angry birds but you demolish structures by throwing rocks from the front rather than the side)
Extreme Skater (A bit like granny smith)
3D Mini Golf (nice game if you like mini golf, via Samsung apps)

Last edited:
I seen that BS player does this but I can't find out how to do it :o

Also seen that it can play youtube videos, but again no idea how........

:o

EDIT:

NVM found out how, have to hold back button :o Works great!

Still no idea about the youtube playback though.

Last edited:
Super paid edition supports youtube and it doesn't support LAN browsing + streaming. BS does. The latest also has playback speed control for slow motion etc among other tweaks and fixes. Loads now.

BS Player option: Playback preferences, enabled BG playback then enable popup window. When clicking a youtube link Android asks what app to play it with, choose B|S Player, as with all intents for app calls in Android.

I don't use lan browsing/streaming of video. The free version does support youtube

2012-09-18_15-39-18.png

I use MXplayer for other video playback.

Last edited:
Super video does youtube videos as well. I see no reason to use BS player especially as i stopped using it originally because of something bugging me about it.

For me BS player is the best player for quality and plays all of my films, TV shows really smoothly across LAN.

And as mrk pointed loads of nice features now (for free as well)

MX player is also very good, but BS for me personally.

BS Player option: Playback preferences, enabled BG playback then enable popup window. When clicking a youtube link Android asks what app to play it with, choose B|S Player, as with all intents for app calls in Android.

Ah right :o

1080P HD youtube videos work flawlessly with BS player now. On the browser with flash set to 1080P, they weren't smooth at all, even 720P stuttered a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom