Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. Does that work if you browse with the youtube app and use share to BS player?

Either way it solves the problem of needing to root for HD youtube :p

Just tried that, but no option for BS player :(

However, you can copy the URL and go to BS player and paste it in the "play from URL" box and it will automatically play.

Yup, one less reason to root now! :D Love it :D

I get HD Youtube on the YT app on my S3... Am I missing something? :confused:

Only phones that have 720P res. displays can playback true 720P HD via the youtube app, phones with a res. below that only get "high quality" playback i.e.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=22625467&postcount=2045

It isn't true HD. There is a way around this by installing a modded youtube app from XDA, but you need root to do so, where as now we can just use BS player to play 720P HD or even 1080P HD youtube content. Of course you could just do this via the desktop youtube site with flash, although on the one S (don't know about other phones) 1080P and 720P stutter where as with BS player they play smoothly.

If anybody hasn't tried it, I've just installed FriendCaster for Android, and it is definitely worth a look. The only thing that seems to be missing are the notifications telling you if your Facebook messages have been read.

Im not going to read through 390 pages of posts so sorry if these were already mentioned, essential apps for me are

Ganalytics - for information on my website
Thumb keyboard - recently brought this and is well worth it, perfect for Nexus 7
MX player - will play every movie file i throw at it
Radiant defense - So fun and very challenging game, now on level 9, youtube walk through guides are available if I get really stuck.
Stumble upon - I love the random pages i come across
Astro - favorite file explorer
Dolphin browser - excellent internet browser
XDA forum app to read the largest mobile and tablet forum on the net
Warriorforum - for website help
Tunein radio - hundreds of internet radio stations to listen too
Seesmic - Fav app for fb and twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom