Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand! Why wouldn't you want a space after a punctuation mark to be the default?

Surely you enter a full stop (period) or comma waaay more often than you ever have to enter an IP Address or version number?
Am I missing some point? Do you leet hacksaws really use IPs more often than regular punctuation?

I spend all my working life in front of a PC, and I've spent many many years using PCs, so pressing space bar is embedded into my mind as how to type correctly. Swiftkey adding a space automatically means every full stop, commar, etc that I type ends up being followed by 2 spaces.

because ......

It was on the front page of the Play store, its free, and it passed my 'just works' test :). The trackpad mode is a nice feature too.

Rather than sifting through this whole thread. Does anyone know of a good working phone blacklist software? I've seen a few on the store but get mixed reviews.

I add the numbers to the standard phone blacklist but they are still coming through. Need to block all these damn PPI claims and other such spam.

Ok just restarted my phone today and cannot for the life of me set my default browser. I have ICS browser but the stupid default android browser keeps opening for everything and I get no options to set ICS to be the default, it's driving me nuts. How?

Rather than sifting through this whole thread. Does anyone know of a good working phone blacklist software? I've seen a few on the store but get mixed reviews.

I add the numbers to the standard phone blacklist but they are still coming through. Need to block all these damn PPI claims and other such spam.

If you're rooted, check out Root Call Blocker. It worked really well for me in the past.

Ok just restarted my phone today and cannot for the life of me set my default browser. I have ICS browser but the stupid default android browser keeps opening for everything and I get no options to set ICS to be the default, it's driving me nuts. How?

Go to Settings, then Applications. Find the Samsung browser and click clear defaults. The next time you try and open a link it should prompt you with which one you want to use as default.

Anyone know of a gallery app that allows you to browse photos on a network share? All my media is on my server. Also one that would allow me to stream them to my TV over the network (the default app in Sense does this, no idea how, I'm claiming magic).

Which browser has been recommended on here? Ideally one that includes text reflow... tried quick ics browser, ics browser +, chrome, Firefox, xscope... None work - not even the stock browser handles text reflow which I thought was odd..

Thanks in advance guys :)

(PS. Nexus18, I love my S3!!!)

Which browser has been recommended on here? Ideally one that includes text reflow... tried quick ics browser, ics browser +, chrome, Firefox, xscope... None work - not even the stock browser handles text reflow which I thought was odd..

Apparantly Boat Browser does auto reflow.
Quick ICS Brower used to for me, then I upgraded my SGS1 to JellyBean and the function not longer works

About time you upgraded from the spica! Bet it feels like going from push bike to bugatti veyron! :D :p

Regarding browsers and text reflow, iirc kona said that text relow won't work on any 3rd party browser as Samsung haven't enabled it on the stock touchwiz/browser or something along those lines anyway :p

Last edited:

Regarding browsers and text reflow, iirc kona said that text relow won't work on any 3rd party browser as Samsung haven't enabled it on the stock touchwiz/browser or something along those lines anyway :p

3rd party browser such as ICS+ and Quick ICS use the default browser's engine so if the default doesn't have text reflow then the skinned and modded browsers won't either.

Chrome is excellent as it resizes the main text and keeps the page formatted nicely.

If you want text-reflow like the one in Sense browser then Opera does it perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom