Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone want to go halves on sygic gps? BOGOF atm, either way I expect I'll but it anyways unless any of you guys thinks there's better?

I can't stand Google maps navigation especially with the POV and crap routes.

Apex has really gone down the drain with the last few updates :(

- when you scroll on the homescreen, you get glitches in the widgets
- scrolling back in the app drawer is laggy
- the theme packs don't apply the icons properly i.e. gallery doesn't get themed and the 2 calendar apps get the same icon.......

Amongst other wee things.

So been using nova for a while instead and will continue to do so till apex gets fixed. Just wish the guy would add infinite scrolling in the app drawer and add an option to keep nova in memory.

Really loving the new 4.2 keyboard and swype gesture, although miss the cursor keys. I just remembered that the HTC keyboard has the swype gesture too, so will be using it for a while to see how it compares.

Anyone recommend any good icon sets, which would look good with this setup:

BvIim.png
Tried lucid and ghaskart or however it is spelled :p but find them a wee bit dull, want something with a bit of colour, but not too distracting from the rest of the screen.

That little agenda app there, which one is it?

Had a day using CoPilot yesterday while at work, 10+ hours and over 300 miles covered and it was faultless the whole time, even allows you to plan multiple stops on the same trip.

The ability to select different vehicle types as well should be really handy as trying to squeeze a 3.5 tonne van down a lane designed for a car is not fun :)

posting in here as it get's most attention and seems to be app related. i have no notification noises on my sgs2 4.0. it started making the locking noise every 10 or so minutes, which is odd as i've never had the phone make this noise ever and i have disabled the lock screen, so i restarted the phone and since haven't had any notification noises for texts or emails. i get the reminder noises but not the first time i get a text noise.

i use go sms, i also use k9 mail, so assume something in the phone settings is notification noises off. I have checked everything and it's all set to max, i rechanged the default notification, but still nothing. i use personal notification noises for texts in go sms and as say this isn't working. the phone ringtone has defaulted back to the standard as well and no one any longer has their own personal ringtone :( i use zedge to get custom ringtones which updates yesterday too so could be a reason?

any ideas what i could look at to sort this?

Last edited:
CoPilot is a fiver off currently for the UK & Ireland version. £14.99 instead of £19.99

Cheers Mossy, was trying out a few other ones whilst driving over the past couple of days and haven't been impressed by any of the free apps yet. Navfree was probably the least hassle but if you only know a postcode you seem to be stuffed as it doesn't seem to want to accept only postcodes.

Yeah it still happens when I manually update as well, will usually always work on the second try though :D :p
Meh. Not good enough! I've swapped to Eye in the Sky Weather now. I like the look of the widget although I liked how Snowstorm showed your location name. It's the little things.. :p

Most Wanted? on offer for 74p at the minute, down from ~£4
Anyone know why this isn't compatible with my HTC One S? :confused:

Meh. Not good enough! I've swapped to Eye in the Sky Weather now. I like the look of the widget although I liked how Snowstorm showed your location name. It's the little things.. :p

Deal with it! :D :p

Yeah I tried eye in the sky again today and even though it is great and better overall than snowstorm, I just prefer the way info. is presented for the widget. I have also found eye in the sky a bit slow when clicking on some day, time of the day etc. and when you start it up it searches for your location every time so it takes like 2 seconds before it shows info. :(

At least it will get updates unlike snowstorm :o :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom