Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really loving my Note II which was delivered on the weekend! :D

I've just bought Vice City and I'm finding it very inconsistent graphically. The car models look fantastic and crisp but the wheels are really low res. Also a lot of other textures seem like they're very low resolution compared to others, Tommy's shirt and jeans, certain character faces during cut scenes, billboards and signs, loads of other things too. Is that what the game is meant to look like? It certainly didn't look that way on PS2 as I've busted out my copy to check it earlier! I've set all the graphical options to the maximum quality too.

Also I'm guessing the only way to get my Dual Shock working with it is to root the phone? :)

Cheers Mossy, was trying out a few other ones whilst driving over the past couple of days and haven't been impressed by any of the free apps yet. Navfree was probably the least hassle but if you only know a postcode you seem to be stuffed as it doesn't seem to want to accept only postcodes.

Have you installed the postcode upgrade in navfree? I've had no issues with just typing in postcodes once that's installed.

There are better navigation apps out there I'm sure, but considering it's free navfree is ridiculously good.

Had another day using copilot yesterday, mainly around the Exeter area. Had a few occasions of the display not updating and navigation freezing. Some minor routing issues as well like trying to make me drive around the block to am address when I could just go straight ahead to the same location.

But that minor issue was offset by the traffic management kicking in and avoiding an accident locally which saved me an hour delay.

The only way I know to do it is using Directory Bind and you need to be rooted.
It's a but of a fag but try this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1889550

[edit]
I just saw that you said "unrooted", no, no way to do it then as apps aren't allowed access to the protected areas of the filesystem where app data lives.
[/edit]

I've done this myself but the ***** application seems to have forgotten my mappings (not listed in the application), although they still work. I think if I reboot my phone it will all go pop!

Anyone know of any good apps, which will show screen on time.

I would use the built in way, but some genius at HTC decided to remove it in the JB/sense update........ :rolleyes:

Anyone know of any good apps, which will show screen on time.

You already have an app for that :p

:p:p
Screenshot_2012-12-24-22-21-30_zpsa1dcc3b6.png

*Facepalm!* :o

Never seen that before :o :p

Thanks!

EDIT:

BTW I noticed that BS player now has an option to use a hardware decoding method for 4.1+

Tried it out but couldn't see any difference really........

Should I just keep it disabled or enabled?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom