Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Google are morons... Well, they are assuming everyone else is a moron and attempting to stop confusion about having spare space on the internal memory but being unable to install more games/apps. The ultimate result though is that it screws people like us who aren't morons, and would appreciate being able to manage our own memory use.

Funnily enough i bought that in the last sale and just got round to installing it whilst the turkey is cooking :p Anything else worth getting? Modern combat any good?

I have the spiderman game, it is ok, not great, controls are pretty crap and iirc it was a bit laggy on my S (think the settings were on max though.....)

Probably worth having a look at nova (I think it is massive though! Would consume all of our 1s storage lol :p :o).

Haven't got modern combat myself yet...... but it looks pretty good!

http://blog.gsmarena.com/modern-combat-4-zero-hour-for-ios-and-android-game-review/

Generally don't really like these sort of games though as the controls are pretty poor and not that great on smallish screen devices :( (of course, this can be sorted if you use a PS 3 controller or something)

Don't know if anyone has tried out SlideIT keyboard recently but trying the demo now and it has some really cool features that I don't recall from months ago!

Screenshot_2012-12-25-14-21-53.png

Hard to say, SwiftKey etc learn as you type, SlideIT I don't know! It has good suggestions though and it seems to work fine.

Getting used to it still.

I used to use SlideIT for a long time ,currently trying Swiftkey flow and the new Google slide keyboard, still think Slideit had the best slide response as with google and swiftkey i've had to re-slide words due to pickup omissions.

The thing that is proving to be an issue with Swiftkey for me is when I use some applications it won't let me use flow typing which is really annoying with regards to chrome (url bar), eBay app, and a few others I can't think of right now, perhaps since I used SlideIT for about 7 months I've just gotten very used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom