Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't get any hide root to work. It can't be done from what I read as sky go checks for so many things. Even if the root apps like supersu or superuser are installed

For now I have Cwm still installed but I uninstalled supersu after using root keeper to hide root. So I'm not rooted but I think all I would have to do is re flash supersu and unhide the root

Decided that I will keep nexus 7 stock and have any root stuff on my s3

Yes and registering devices. Sky allow 2 but if rooted you may be able to fool the software into thinking your nexus is my nexus meaning everyone could use sky go from 1 user account. Free sky for everyone!

Can kinda see the point as irritating as it is

Edit. Just done a test. As soon as I install superuser from the market it breaks sky go. I Uninstalled and rebooted and it works again so it is checking

Last edited:
do it let you download and install skygo if your rooted or just not let you log in?

can't find my mates details but I've just installed it from the play store and im using a custom rom (neatrom lite) i have the super user app

Sky Go hasn't worked on rooted devices for a few months now. OTA Rootkeeper use to work (by hiding the root) back when I had my Note 1, but Sky updated the app and it's never worked since.

If anyone finds a way, please let me know. The massive thread at xda is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1506967

Every few weeks I read the last 3-4 pages to get an update. My advice is, if you want Sky Go on your phone, don't bother rooting.

do it let you download and install skygo if your rooted or just not let you log in?

can't find my mates details but I've just installed it from the play store and im using a custom rom (neatrom lite) i have the super user app

It works as normal until you click on something to play, it will enter the buffering screen to load but then you get a popup saying that it doesn't work on rooted devices.

^ Fun Wallpaper!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1779386 profiles here. NFS one on last page I think, I used it, works fine. You need to change the control settings in NFS to the touch screen ones not tilt.

Hi just tried and read again but the profiles are for sixaxis which is only for rooted phones, hopefully I don't need to root to use the PS3 controller on NFS as I'm happy standard even with a cable from PS3 > NoteII

It's working on Dead Trigger and a couple of others but not NFS

Sky irritate the hell out of me with their blanket ban on SkyGo and rooted devices as the only people they're impacting are genuine subscribers to their service.

I have a full Sky package, including HD, multi-room and ESPN but not 3D; if I were a content pirate I wouldn't pay for a subscription at all but I'm treated as a pirate as I root my devices.

Why do I root my devices? Unfortunately there are some fundamental features lacking within Android (some the fault of Google and some the fault of third party app developers) that require root to fix, those faults mainly being:

• Lack of cross device data syncing for 3rd party applications, so I use DataSync to keep application data synced between my Nexus4 and Nexus10
  • Lack of reliable backup process, as adb backup doesn't back up all applications and can be flaky. The solution is Titanium Backup and root.

I was visiting my parents for Christmas and ended up watching games through an illegal stream via Sopcast for Android, as Sky have left me no choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom