Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I need an app that allows better automation over the network settings would be great:
  • Automatically disable 3G when connected to a WiFi network

• Pretty sure this happens automatically anyway as soon as you connect to a wifi network. The phone turns off the data network radio (3G or 4G etc) once it has a wifi signal as they take less power to run.

Yeah, it's a lot of fun and quite challenging. Visuals are lovely and the music sets the tone wonderfully. Worth the money - loads of chapters to keep you going too.

Worthy of a bump these posts.

This is a must have game, one of my favourite games on android so far and it looks amazing on SAMOLED screens with the deep blacks etc. :cool:

Pretty sure this happens automatically anyway as soon as you connect to a wifi network. The phone turns off the data network radio (3G or 4G etc) once it has a wifi signal as they take less power to run.

Hey,

It does turn off cellular data, but I am sure that it stays on 3G - I know because my phone gets 0-1 bar of 3G in my flat vs. 4 bars of 2G, so it would be great to roll back onto 2G whenever I have wifi!

Likewise with the WiFi roaming - I have the "avoid networks with poor internet connectivity" setting checked. However at my parents house they have two APs at either end of the house. If I connect to one network, then walk to the other AP, it will lose the connection, but first rolls back to cellular data, and takes several minutes to connect to the new closest WiFi AP... and often doesn't connect at all. Really annoying!

Cheers,

Su

Heh, downloaded shadowgun deadzone, using my PS3 controller wirelessly, it's actually insanely fun. Can't believe I'm playing it on my N7, its almost console quality

Thought I might as well ask in here instead of creating a new thread. Dad bought a cheap Samsung Galaxy Ace to use in Hong Kong, but he needs a traditional chinese handwriting keyboard. What's a good one to use?

EDIT: Nevermind, found a pretty good one :p. Swiped it from my sister's SII which was preinstalled...

He also seems to really like the features of the Ace compared to his 4S as well...

Last edited:
None of them are amazing, but I found OfficeSuite Pro 6 to be the best compared to QuickOffice and Documents2Go. Picked all 3 of them up during the sales :p

edit: OfficeSuite 6 is on sale at the moment

None of them are amazing, but I found OfficeSuite Pro 6 to be the best compared to QuickOffice and Documents2Go. Picked all 3 of them up during the sales :p

edit: OfficeSuite 6 is on sale at the moment

This. It's not perfect but I found OfficeSuite Pro 6 to be very good. A handy feature to connect to cloud servers as well such as Google Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom