Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed the Chrome Beta...and uninstalled it immediately. Loading speed is around the same as on the AOSP browser (which I find has the best performance), however performance everywhere else is very jittery in comparison.

Shame how Chrome is still so poor really.

Last edited:
Just installed the Chrome Beta...and uninstalled it immediately. Speed is around the same as on th AOSP browser (which I find has the best performance), however performance everywhere else is very jittery in comparison.

Yep. It's like the AOSP browser has graphics acceleration and Chrome Beta doesn't.

Combined with the fact flash is missing, the AOSP browser is much better.

It shows up in the new Browsermark benchmark.

http://browsermark.rightware.com/

Just installed the Chrome Beta...and uninstalled it immediately. Loading speed is around the same as on the AOSP browser (which I find has the best performance), however performance everywhere else is very jittery in comparison.

the above was written as though he wasn't aware

Erm, yes. The key is in the name.

The beta is better than the release version of Chrome and so it was a valid comparison.

My view exactly. It may be a beta but it is far better in every way than the stable release. However, still not really good enough.

When Chrome approaches the all-round performance of AOSP, I'll move.

ASOP here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1999303

> Must be rooted.

> Copy the browser.apk into the system/app folder

> With a root file explorer change the file permissions of the browser.apk to -rw-rw-r (you will see this represented as 664) If you don't do this, it won't install.

> You must rename the BrowserProviderProxy.apk & BrowserProviderProxy.odex otherwise the browser will force close, just add a 1 to the name e.g. 1BrowserProviderProxy.apk1 Do not delete them, if you still want to OTA update Android. Android checks for any changes to the system/app folder before performing an OTA, so you will have to delete the browser.apk and rename the two file back to stock, when it is OTA time.

A bit of a pain to install it though, you need to be rooted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom