Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't bother me any more hehe, sometimes it's quite useful as well!

I really want to use Firefox, partly for sync and partly because overall I think it's a good browser.

There's 2 things that make me delete it shortly after I've installed it though: no text reflow on pinch zoom and the text size :(.

I know there's an addon that makes the text fit the screen on double tap, but that doesn't help when scrolling forums. This may not be much of an issue now since I have the N2, but the random font size is just too annoying :(.

Edit: I just installed it again and remembered another annoying thing, it doesn't choose the thing I press half the time.

For example I'll press on the mobiles forum here, but it will think I've pressed the US TV forum. This never happens on any other browser so it's not a calibration issue or me mispressing every single time, and it's annoying as **** :(.

Last edited:
I just tested it with the thing on that shows a line where your finger has been, it does it when you press at the top of a link, so it's above it but only because the characters are lower case (so if the entire link was all upper case, or there was a box around the link you'd be pressing it).

But where you press is still a good 2mm or so away from the link above, yet maybe half a mm away from the one you tried (and would have with all caps/a box around it).

Obviously if I zoom in, or remember it does it and make sure I press lower down than I would normally it's fine, but I'm so used to pressing where I normally do :p.

Here's an example of me slightly missing the link I wanted, it's off the link much more than before, but it does happen the way I said as well, this was just the first one where it happened, and it's a much bigger gap to the link opened (I pressed it with the main forum page fully zoomed out):
mYiuC.jpg

Edit: Eurgh, stupid dropbox short links, just give me the proper link! Why the **** would I want a short one that can't be used half the time :p. Fixing now :p.

Edit Again: No idea how to link images from dropbox :(.

Last edited:

There's no keyboard though :( :p.

Strange mrk, I can put up with the misclicks tbh, I'm just so used to other browsers working fine when I press stuff quickly without paying much attention that it's annoying at first, once I get used to it it will be fine as I'll just remember to make sure I press properly.

It's just a shame about the font and reflow, as I don't want to use it without those :(. You'd have thought someone would have made an addon to fix at the least the font size by now.

For those of you on 4.1+, Notification Weather is cool. Been using it for a few weeks now and it's slowly getting better. Makes use of the expandable notifications in Jellybean. Means you can clear up your home screen and get rid of that weather widget :p

T7tFo.png

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orbar.NotificationWeatherPro

It's even better in 4.2 aosp, as your quick toggles such as wifi/gps are on a different panel to your actual notifications, so you don't end up using too much space.

The dev said he's looking into more sources soon, so I guess we'll see yr.no and some others.

Same if you're using JKay's framework - you can set it so your toggles come down only when you swipe down on the left or right side of the screen - or you can set it so you only see the toggles when you pull down from the top after you've already opened the notifications ;) that's a nice feature

Looks like a nice app though, will give it a go :) cheers

Real Racing 2 is on sale for £2.24 at the moment, has anyone played it? Is it any good, the graphics look ok but the gameplay seems interesting. Problem is that it is incompatible with my One X and my Nexus 10... Not sure whether to buy it in the hopes it does become compatible if it is good enough.

I quite enjoy racing games on my tablet and phone. I have NFS most wanted and although the graphics are top notch I have been finding the tracks to be super boring. I also have the latest asphalt which is enjoyable but it's a little too arcadey and graphics are a bit meh.

I also bought the chameleon launcher as it is now on sale and not a ridiculous £9 or whatever it was... It's ok, it needs more work, quite a bit more in fact... It's slow and stuttery and I would like to be able to add folders to the bottom bar. Other than that the concept is nice I really do think if they keep at it and finish it up properly it will be great. I had stopped using any widgets or icons on my homescreen with JB anyway so it's nice to reclaim that space with a bunch of widgets which actually fit together ascetically and physically.

Last edited:
Just updated the language pack for Swiftkey Flow beta and it's broke it :(.

Tried clear data/uninstall/reinstall but it's the same. Guess there's a problem with the updates. I would ignore it if it pops up saying new languages or updates until it's fixed :p.

Edit: The keyboard still works, there's just no predictions.

Edit Again: Language packs are fixed now :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom