Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Create the tasks first. I find it easier that way.

So for your first one, make a task called "data off". Add mobile data from the net section and set to off.

Now you need to make a profile that uses this task. Create a new profile that uses 'state', then select Wifi connected from the net section. Then add your task.

Sorry typing on my phone so can't really go into more detail. I'll post more at lunch if you want :)

GPS one is easy too, I'll post later.

Thanks again for the apk's kona, really liking the old version of go sms with that theme! :) Looks sooooo much better on the phone due to the SAMOLED goodness and true black levels :cool:

No probs - Your right it looks so much better on the phone than in screenshots. SAMOLED was made for it!

Not keen on the ex dialer ICS theme though :p

You don't know what your missing :p

Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-41-57_zpse6fb70f4.png
Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-41-32_zpsb767962d.png
Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-42-35_zps2f0299da.png

Create the tasks first. I find it easier that way.

So for your first one, make a task called "data off". Add mobile data from the net section and set to off.

Now you need to make a profile that uses this task. Create a new profile that uses 'state', then select Wifi connected from the net section. Then add your task.

Sorry typing on my phone so can't really go into more detail. I'll post more at lunch if you want :)

GPS one is easy too, I'll post later.

That makes sense! Thanks man, will attack that now and see what happens lol

@Kona:
I always used EX Dialer on my old phone, but after they announced that USSD code exploit a few months ago I tested it and where EX Dialer re-routs the codes through the stock dialer, the phone thinks its a genuine input and runs the code...

http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php

Tap on that and tell me if you get your IMEI on screen? If not, I'll definitely get ex dialer back :) miss that app!!

Last edited:
@kona:
I always used EX Dialer on my old phone, but after they announced that USSD code exploit a few months ago I tested it and where EX Dialer re-routs the codes through the stock dialer, the phone thinks its a genuine input and runs the code...

http://dylanreeve.com/phone.php

Tap on that and tell me if you get your IMEI on screen? If not, I'll definitely get ex dialer back :) miss that app!!

It's not in anyway possible going to bork my phone is it? :eek::D I NEED CONFIRMATION!

edit: test done - ALL GOOD:

Screenshot_2013-01-22-12-10-12_zpsa9e2ff7a.png

EDIT: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer

What's New
What's in this version:
Geocoder Plugin is available now.
v112 New Year Present For My Dear Users!

*Fix: Remote execution of malicious USSD codes

*New feature: Second theme. Now you can define daylight and night themes which will be switched automatically.
*Great effort on optimization. Should be much more fluent and power saving than previous versions
*Phone number location (supported by geocoder plugin)
*Minor tweaks, eg. system group name translation, padding adjustment for RTL lang, etc.

Last edited:
You don't know what your missing :p

Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-41-57_zpse6fb70f4.png
Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-41-32_zpsb767962d.png
Screenshot_2013-01-22-10-42-35_zps2f0299da.png

The main thing that puts me of that theme is:

- the thick blue line at the bottom
- when you click a button like search etc. it highlights the entire row, with the black ICS one, it only highlights the button you touch

The rest is good though. I miss the gradient effect of the dialer for the black ics theme too.

1) data off when Wi-Fi on (and vice versa)
Can anyone offer any pointers?

Not sure if you're serious with this. Android doesn't use mobile network interfaces for data transfer when it has wifi. Do you want it to be some kind of toggle so you can turn wifi on even if you don't have a connection to a wireless router and thus stopping data transfer?

Not sure if you're serious with this. Android doesn't use mobile network interfaces for data transfer when it has wifi. Do you want it to be some kind of toggle so you can turn wifi on even if you don't have a connection to a wireless router and thus stopping data transfer?

I realised after writing the tasker instructions that Android does this by default :p

I updated to the latest go sms and enabled lite mode, MUCH better! :) Never enabled it before as I thought themes wouldn't work but they do, you just can't adjust every colour, font etc.

no no, I want it to physically turn it off when the wifi it on... or more importantly, toggle it so that it turns it back on when my wifi disconnects

I do notice significantly lower battery life if I leave my data connected when I'm on wifi

Android turns your data connection off when you connect to wifi anyway? I'd check to see what wakelocks appear when you're connected to wifi if you're having battery problems when on wifi (the S2 was terrible for this at times when it first came out).

Edit: You should also be able to leave GPS on all the time as the only time it will actually be used is when an app wants to use it :).

Literally everything that I hated has been removed or hidden. The application centre and contacts when you swipe across (still there when you are in a new message and hit the "add" button though) are no longer there, pretty much only the basic stuff for a SMS app, themes, notification options, popup reply settings and the usual stuff like persistently run etc. All the features that there wasn't any need for......gone! :p The only thing, which I do miss is the advanced customisation stuff like bubble colour etc. but if you don't do any of that then it is well worth enabling "lite" mode :)

I'm in normal mode which disables the horrible 3d cube swiping between contacts etc. What does notification center do? I never see it in normal mode.

I literally have my sms list that's it - the 2 pages I screen shotted earlier.

I'm confused lol.

Hmm, maybe I should switch to normal mode then, lol :p

The notification centre is pretty much a notification centre for go stuff, provide health checks and update when themes get updated etc. I think you can turn this of in "important stuff"...

This is how go summarise the "running modes"

t76xGTXh.png.jpg

Going to switch to "normal mode", doesn't sound like there is much difference except you get full customisation for the conversation list etc. back.

EDIT:

Just switched to it, not much difference at all. Got the customisation stuff back and a few other things. Might just switch back to lite mode though as I won't be changing the theme at all or using the extra stuff.

Last edited:
What's the best alarm app guys? Friend of mine recommended Gentle Alarm bit it doesn't look very pretty from the screen shots. Just want to be able to fade in mp3s,and maybe easily swap between loud and quiet alarms (I sometimes wear earplugs :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom