Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if you switch between different dev roms you should wipe afaik - esp if it's between aosp/oem/aokp.

Yeah I should have mentioned this. You can only really get away without doing a full wipe if you're updating the same rom.

Definitely wipe if you're going between Sense/aosp or Touchwiz/aosp etc.

Oh just in case you guys forgot, super hexagon is still only 59p...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...exagon&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Why haven't you got it already?

I thought I might give it a try, but I see that the author has added the following comment in the description:

"A note to Nexus 7 owners: The game suffers some input lag on this device that we have been unable to fix. I originally excluded this device from sale, but after several requests from Nexus 7 owners I decided to make it available. I sincerely hope it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the game too greatly. We'll update in future if we're able to find a solution to this problem."

Have any Nexus 7 owners downloaded this one, and if so, how do they find it?

Thanks! :)

How long do you spend fiddling around with configuring apps and themes etc? Probably about the same amount of time I'd expect :p

Probably more.........:o :p

This would be my first time rooting and flashing custom ROM's on a HTC device.

Pretty much everything that skyfall said :p and mainly that you could encounter annoying niggles like battery drain, phone slowing down, restarts etc.

And what kona said, with Samsung/nexus devices it is incredibly easy and can be done in literally 5 minutes. With htc more steps are involved and it just seems more complex.

Also I hate doing backups/restores, when I tried that with my Samsung device I encountered more problems! :p Therefore every time I start fresh, I would reinstall everything and set it back up from scratch (although saying that, if I flashed a custom ROM I would probably use stock apps instead due to themes)

I am looking through some guides now though.....However, as has been touched upon here, I would stick to sense based ROMs as they are likely to be more stable and have everything working and of course things like the camera being better. I don't know if it is really worth bothering with though as I am happy with the performance, battery life is decent (although improvements in this area are always welcome), audio is good, I like sense on the whole (just don't like some stuff like the notification bar and icons and white backgrounds) so essentially the main pros for me would be:

- themes, changing status bar icons etc.
- the HD youtube app
- adaway
- turning the screen of while playing a film on the TV with MHL adapter
- improvement in battery life and things like auto brightness

Hmm, my message notifications seem to be delayed with go sms, shows that the message arrived at a certain time yet when I was on my phone at said time, nothing popped up, happened more than once.

Shame as I was really liking it again with that theme and "lite mode".

So sliding messaging reinstalled, will monitor it and see if the same happens.

Do you find Sliding Messaging a bit slow at opening? Mine took around 2-3 seconds to open every time. Was quite liking it as well but went back to the stock messaging.

No

Although I have read that people are experiencing the same issue as you (more so the ones that have hundreds or thousands of texts), supposedly it has been fixed/improved in the last couple of updates (some had to reinstall for it to improve) and that it is due to the "load all messages" settings (have a mess around with it), I usually clear my texts every few days so that is probably why I haven't got that problem.

Its not just today, its never worked for me. I can log in fine but when it starts to play I just get the "not available on rooted devices" error.

That's odd, was your N7 purchased new or second hand? If second hand I suspect the previous owner rooted it at some point, and there is still some trace left which Sky Go is picking up. If it was brand new, I've no idea.

Mines working fine again, I checked the error code on google and it was down to a software update - and I did update earlier from 4.2 to 4.2.1. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app, and all is good again. Quality is fairly decent, my phone camera doesn't pick it up too well though:

2nb4jk1.jpg

A question to those with the 3G version and who have a SIM inside it. I sent a message from my phone to the SIM in the N7 saying 'test' and I got the message on the N7, a little box popped up in the top corner then disappeared. Anyone know how to access the message again? I might try installing whatsapp on it.

(EDIT: Oops thought this was the N7 thread)

Last edited:
Tried go sms out again today and didn't seem to have any problems with the notifications when I returned to the homescreen and locked the phone, but noticed that when I left it running and locked the phone, it took a bit longer although not as long as what happened yesterday. So not sure what happened previously :confused:

I thought I might give it a try, but I see that the author has added the following comment in the description:

"A note to Nexus 7 owners: The game suffers some input lag on this device that we have been unable to fix. I originally excluded this device from sale, but after several requests from Nexus 7 owners I decided to make it available. I sincerely hope it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the game too greatly. We'll update in future if we're able to find a solution to this problem."

Have any Nexus 7 owners downloaded this one, and if so, how do they find it?

Thanks! :)

Just downloaded it there and managed 52s on Hard and ~30s on Harder after a few minutes on each(62s and 31s are my records on my phone). Didn't really notice any difference from my phone and all my deaths were from mistakes. I think it really only starts to kick in on the harder levels which are so damn insane than most people will never play them anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom