Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great thanks - it's almost perfect.

Known issues:

* Places you still cannot Flow: email fields, passwords, anywhere where the app doesn’t behave itself with SwiftKey, fields offering their own corrections on Android versions <= 2.2
* Selecting and deleting a chunk of text in Samsung email client on SIII and Note 2 deletes text before the cursor as well as after
* Slight jitteriness when toggling between Hindi and Thai primary and secondary layouts
* Turkish i still does not capitalise correctly
* Long pressing SwiftKey mic in Google Now causes the keyboard to disappear
* Occasional surprising capitalisations of flowed words
* Flowing through space often fails after relatively unusual words

* If you experience high memory usage after installing, this may be fixed by rebooting your phone

I use the built in DLNA stream function**

Also, new SwiftKey Flow update out:

Changes in this version:
* Predictions (and Flow) now on in most places (exceptions: email fields, passwords, anywhere where the app doesn’t behave itself with SwiftKey, fields offering their own corrections on Android versions <= 2.2)
* Easier corrections – just tap on the word and SwiftKey will offer you 3 possibilities
* New languages: Thai, Vietnamese, Bosnian, Albanian, Javan, Sundanese (plus those added in 3.1)
* Features from SwiftKey 3.1: Berry theme, split layout in landscape on phones, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Georgian, Hindi, Hinglish, Irish, Macedonian, Spanish (Latin America) and Tagalog
* New layouts for Hindi and Russian
* Ukrainian landscape layout fixed
* Backspacing on to the final word of a multi word prediction (Flow through space) will now give better alternatives
* Typing style now inferred rather than a setting
* Long press delete accelerates after the first word

Bugs fixed:
* Flowing off shift no longer triggers a change in shift state
* Flow no longer gets stuck when you flow off the bottom of a page
* Quick period working after single letter words
* Arrow key repeats
* Learning when sending messages or tabbing between fields with the enter key fixed
* Azeri capital i behaviour corrected
* Estonian will now predict words containing ö
* Fixed force close on Beta predictions
* Flow trace no longer left behind after flowing
* Mounting an SD card will turn predictions off only if SwiftKey language packs are stored on that SD card
* Keyclick sounds no longer doubled
* Haptic duration made consistent with flow on and off

Known issues:
* Places you still cannot Flow: email fields, passwords, anywhere where the app doesn’t behave itself with SwiftKey, fields offering their own corrections on Android versions <= 2.2
* Selecting and deleting a chunk of text in Samsung email client on SIII and Note 2 deletes text before the cursor as well as after
* Slight jitteriness when toggling between Hindi and Thai primary and secondary layouts
* Turkish i still does not capitalise correctly
* Long pressing SwiftKey mic in Google Now causes the keyboard to disappear
* Occasional surprising capitalisations of flowed words
* Flowing through space often fails after relatively unusual words
* If you experience high memory usage after installing, this may be fixed by rebooting your phone

My word, i hope you can disable the horrid flow interface.

I hate swype and other keyboards like that, far too slow for me. I much prefer holding it the old fashioned way with two hands and typing with two thumbs.

It can be disabled but it's not an "interface". Even With it on you can type normally or swipe through words. There is no clash between the two with it turned on and it looks no different other than being able to swipe around when typing with one hand or it's just more convenient to do so.

Ahh that's good to hear.

I take it (for those that have used it) that if you don't take your finger off quite quick enough and catch another letter, it does not automatically go into the flow mode.

You can disable Flow quite easily. It's just a tickbox in the settings. But you may as well leave it on to be honest. I normally type with two thumbs but it's nice (and sometimes quicker) to swipe with one thumb. And if like me you're on public transport and need to hold on (e.g. train) then it's really useful to bust out some swiping action :p

How does the swiping on Swiftkey Flow compare to Swype? I do like Swype in that its predictive algorithms seem pretty good when swiping, it has some nifty shortcuts and, well, I guess I'm just used to it. However, it has started crashing and sticking from time to time, particularly with Firefox.

Remember, it is BETA, these things will work in the final! SwiftKey only update stable when everything works :p

Yeah I can appreciate that :) I've still got it installed, I'm trying out every update, always hopeful :D

Got that case by the way Robbie, it's chalk and cheese compared to the cheapo! Thanks again mate :) much appreciated

You can now :)

Yes, yes you can :D awesome news!

All we need now is flow into a password field and we're landed :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom