Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know sorry I infected you all :(

The Angry Birds games started doing that with all the updated versions after they released Space... Personally I think it should be optional, I hate that feature!

Anyone else have the problem where getting three stars on the first level of the 'path of the jedi' world doesn't actually open the rest of the world like it says it should?

Can somebody please explain how to get Flash working on my XS? I have downloaded and installed manually but e.g. BBC Sport still says I have the wrong version and won't play any videos.

Adobe do provide links to the flash player apks, I cba finding it as I'm on my phone right now but just google "flash player android archive" and you should find it.

What browser are you using? It just doesn't work in a lot of browsers now, Firefox and Stock Android should work fine though, Opera/Chrome it won't work on, can't remeber others as I don't use them :).

The new SwiftKey Beta is pretty good. They've made it so you can just press a word you've typed and then you can choose a prediction, rather than pressing a word and just having the cursor half way through it depending on where you pressed.

The only 2 things I missed about ParanoidAndroid AOSP were DPI per app and the spellchecker (I only used the spellchecker to change words, I don't care about the actual spell check part of it :p) and now they've been solved on stock Samsung ROMs for me :D.

Adobe do provide links to the flash player apks, I cba finding it as I'm on my phone right now but just google "flash player android archive" and you should find it.

What browser are you using? It just doesn't work in a lot of browsers now, Firefox and Stock Android should work fine though, Opera/Chrome it won't work on, can't remeber others as I don't use them :).

That would be why then. I use Chrome and like using it because of the syncing. I might install FF as a backup browser.

Snowstorm doesn't seem to be providing as accurate weather info. lately, eye in the sky is doing much better, which is weird as it uses the same weather provider iirc :confused:

Snowstorm doesn't seem to be providing as accurate weather info. lately, eye in the sky is doing much better, which is weird as it uses the same weather provider iirc :confused:

Don't think the dev for eye in the sky ever said what weather api he was using.

Yr.no has been fairly accurate for me, just hope that my favorite weather app starts to include it..

Hmm, I could have sworn that I read that he was using yr.no somewhere :confused: Probably just imagining it :o :p

Snowstorm/yr.no was perfect for me too (only for 2 days though), but the last few days it has said that it would be clear skies yet it has poured :p :(

What weather app are you talking about? Notification tray weather app?

What weather app are you talking about? Notification tray weather app?

Yep! Prefer it off the homescreen. At the moment it uses Yahoo, and 2 other random sources. Not that great to be honest.

I'm not using it at all at the moment though, waiting for the dev to implement some sort of update only on wifi. It managed to chew through 200mb of data last month by requesting forecast updates :o

Don't really know why it's my favorite actually!

Complete opposite for me :p I like to keep the notification tray purely for emails, texts and missed calls :p I have power toggles though but only due to it being much more convenient for changing screen brightness without exiting an app.

200mb of data!?!?! :eek:

It does look nice though, in fact it is more or less identical to the eye in the sky widgets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom