Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I know of unless you are rooted, there might be a way with titanium?

Only way I know of for sure, is to just wait until they update the market version :p You can get it to learn from your SMS, email, twitter etc. accounts though.

EDIT:

not noticed much difference in battery life with a live wallpape, currently using the built in phase beam one, can get it from the market here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...llpaper.icsclassic.lite&feature=search_result

Last edited:
It has a notification system similar to that of an alarm app, it doesn't so much 'run' in the background, it just wakes up and shouts at you when a timed action finishes (like a countdown alarm I guess) it can be disabled by going into the app info for Tapped Out and just disable the notifications :) simples

you get guidelines to carry out certain tasks to meet different characters wants/needs

You can choose to ignore these though and send them off to do their own thing, though these particular 'missions' aid to open up the ability to build new buildings and give you more characters :) - story progression, without the story lol

Been playing this on the ipad since around Christmas time and it can be annoyingly addictive. You can play as much or as little as you like by setting the characters to different length tasks and once you start building up a Springfield it gets better as you get more characters and buildings to build.

This is a good source of information on it - http://www.supercheats.com/guides/the-simpsons-tapped-out/

My world is currently Level 21 and the main thing I can advise is do not spend donuts during the tutorial just let the times they ask you to run fully as donuts are a premium and also when you can build a few extra Orange houses to bring in extra money to allow you to expand and build more later on.

It is sweet, Was linked on the last page.

How mine looks:

Screenshot_2013-02-13-00-14-45_zpsee50534b.png

Wallpaper is sweet too cheers Skyfall!

:cool:

I hope this isnt a hugely silly question, but mine always shows the keypad to enter my pin code, is there a way to hide this so it only appears when I press the lock symbol, without disabling pin lock completely?

I've been looking through the settings but can't see anything.

I hope this isnt a hugely silly question, but mine always shows the keypad to enter my pin code, is there a way to hide this so it only appears when I press the lock symbol, without disabling pin lock completely?

I've been looking through the settings but can't see anything.

haha I was freaking out about the exact same thing...not sure if there's a way around it. :confused:

Thanks, but just tried that but then I just get the pattern thing on the screen, instead of the keypad. I wanted neither like the screen shot of Mattey1's. He just has a padlock icon, which I guess then brings up the number pad or pattern.

Ah thanks, that explains it then.

Its a shame though, would be nice if the keypad or whatever could be hidden until you clicked on the padlock.

Last edited:
Ah thanks, that explains it then.

Its a shame though, would be nice if the keypad or whatever could be hidden until you clicked on the padlock.

This is mine...

QawhIg7.jpg.png

Which changes to this once I touch the screen:

X7yjxpG.jpg.png

:confused:

Edit: Worked it out. Under lock screen options, make sure 'With swipe lock' is ticked.

Thanks, but just tried that but then I just get the pattern thing on the screen, instead of the keypad. I wanted neither like the screen shot of Mattey1's. He just has a padlock icon, which I guess then brings up the number pad or pattern.

Yea, either it's the keypad or the swipe pattern filling 2/3 of the lock screen making the widget really small. I wanted to the swipe pattern/keypad to only appear after clicking the lock icon.
Like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpN8Wyu_z6Y , the swipe pattern doesn't appear until he touches the padlock

This is mine...

IMG

Which changes to this once I touch the screen:

IMG

:confused:

Edit: Worked it out. Under lock screen options, make sure 'With swipe lock' is ticked.

Where is this option?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom