Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys tried the setting that forces the widgets to be fully maximized on the lockscreen?

Can't remember where it was, but probaby Settings>Lockscreen>Maximize widgets :p

I copied over several folders of pictures which i keep inside a folder called "Family" but its showing all the individual fodlers in the gallery app rather than one folder which contains them.

Is there anyway to get the gallery app to show the single folder in which those folders are in rather than showing all of the folders? Would just keep it tidy as Android creates individual folders for whatsapp pictures, saved pictures, camera etc and i want to keep my gallery app clean

Whatapps UI is getting an update! About time! :D

http://blog.gsmarena.com/whatsapp-messenger-update-brings-holo-ui-to-the-android-app/

Not on market yet but you can download the apk from their site.

Nova has had a beta update!

Fix widget previews not showing
Fix dock scroll with single dock page
Fix icon theme mask not updating with icon size
Fix Activities section headers
Fix swipe action for icons within folders
Merge Android 4.2.2 fixes
Misc fixes
Optimizations
Translations
Labs > Hide Clock on Notification Bar (Requires root)

Could some one please tell me what the point in "Offline Maps" is?
I was running low on battery this morning and turned GPS off to preserve battery life. I also had to navigate to somewhere and decided to use the phone (as i have the UK tiles saved on the phone) but it still required GPS........So what is the point in offline maps?

On a side not, I miss the way Google Maps looked on the iOS. Much better than their flagship Android offering. Not good Google!!

Last edited:
Could some one please tell me what the point in "Offline Maps" is?
I was running low on battery this morning and turned GPS off to preserve battery life. I also had to navigate to somewhere and decided to use the phone (as i have the UK tiles saved on the phone) but it still required GPS........So what is the point in offline maps?

How were you expecting it to know where you are? :confused:

I've just switched off GPS and opened the map app. If I select the directions icon it wants GPS, however if I select Directions from the menu it lets me enter the start and finish location and creates the route.

I've just switched off GPS and opened the map app. If I select the directions icon it wants GPS, however if I select Directions from the menu it lets me enter the start and finish location and creates the route.

I just turned Airoplane Mode on but left GPS on. Hit the direction/navigation button at the bottom of the screen and it says "Cannot complete action without a data connection"

In other words, offline maps are a total waste of time!

I thought the point of them was to be used when no data connection was available or turned off but i guess i was wrong. Might aswell delete the tiles and free up some space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom