Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the pictures on the play store the map looks basic. That's fine for motorways but for streets that you don't know it's not that good.

Unless the is a option to add more detail to the streets

Well I use Waze every day for work in North London and have no problem navigating around.

It tells you about cameras, traffic, shows you other wazer's on the road :p and you can add in multiple stops.

It's replaced the Google Navigation completely for me.

Erm, yes, there are other roads than just motorways.

I used Waze almost all the time I was in Texas recently, was very good, even down to almost pinpoint accuracy of broken down cars on the side of the road. Is that not enough detail?

Pfff still noob times :p

In other news I managed to finally get the AOSP browser to stay in debug mode continually meaning that pages render correctly and not all zoomed in by recompiling the apk, I feel so smart :)

And I think I'm in love, no status bar, quick controls and the lmt menu:

All in all, aosp is still imo the best browser, so buttery smooth compared to chrome and so quick too.

Last edited:
Might as well post this in here too.

Want to try and achieve a stock android look (mostly), however, without rooting?

well this is how

stock android keyboard
stock Alarm clock
Stock SMS app
Dialer with this theme or this app
Stock calendar
stock camera & Gallery
Nova launcher prime with the built in stock android icons
Lock screen (can get the stock lock screen theme/UI)
Stock (CM10) calculator
Multi-tasking window

Then there are apps to replace the notification bar i.e. omega, status bar +, super status bar, however, they are a bit buggy!

And everything to do with sense, touchwiz is either disabled or hidden via nova

Last edited:
You kidding?? ? Is there?

Don't know were your going or coming from with that odd comment

Waze is fine on smaller streets/roads.

Others understood. It wasn't complicated. You eluded to roads other than Motorways not being usable. I don't really understand what detail you're expecting to see.

Anyway, this is taking more time than it needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom