Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please recommend me a decent email app. I have a Gmail account, but my primary accounts are hotmail and yahoo. I would also like to have own to my work email which uses ms exchange. I have just switched over from an iPhone and I was happy with the stock apple mail app. Therefore I am just looking to replicate that functionality.

I dont mind paying, but preferably not too much!

I have been warned off Samsungs mail app. what exactly is wrong with it?

Used HTC sense email client for years, and now samsungs touchwiz client which works almost as good, even androids stock client works fine so their is no need for a 3rd party one as far as I can see. I used them all for gmail, yahoo, Hotmail and my work exchange

Used HTC sense email client for years, and now samsungs touchwiz client which works almost as good, even androids stock client works fine so their is no need for a 3rd party one as far as I can see. I used them all for gmail, yahoo, Hotmail and my work exchange

Stock mail client on my Nexus 4 is missing one basic feature - ability to set peak / peak off time profiles for sync. My five year old Nokia had it, I'm most puzzled why it's missing. Mail sync' every 15 minutes when I'm asleep is just a waste of battery.

Finally! Widget locker has a beta update!

2.4beta3 Feb 17, 2013

Public Beta
New in 2.4beta:
Bezel Swipe left for apps
Bezel Swipe right for camera
Jellybean clock font option
Redesigned settings page
Fixes for home button on some devices
Optimizations
No longer supports Android 2.1 and 2.2 (Android 2.3+ required)
New since 2.4beta2:
Root Settings to hide notification bar clock and navbar google now.
Fixes

Hoping this fixes the problem I have with it when using a pin lock and have an incoming call........

Looking for an app but not sure there is one for this. I've looked at gmote and that is cool but not what I wanted as it seems to only want to chose my computer monitor to play on. My pc is connected to 2 monitors and the tv (tv via hdmi). Is there an app that can act as the desktop and see multiple monitors and I can push the media player to the monitor of my choice? I'm laid up after knee surgery so don't want to keep getting up for the next couple of days.

Are you running Paranoid Android?

You can change some LED settings in Display --> Pulse notification Light

It may be in other ROMs too of course.

Yes but it doenst really work for GMail. Well it does but it only blinks the LED for a few times.

I've found a fix.

LED Blinker
Vibration Notifier

Both brilliant apps.

LED Blinker handles my LED colors for the various apps. Plus it allows me to turn off LED notifications during certain hours (like when I'm asleep).

Vibration Notifier reminds me of notifications by playing a sound or by vibrating (or both) at set intervals for a set period (Eg. play sound & vibrate every 4min for 4 times). It even lets me set the pattern of the vibration and you can add ANY app that is installed.

I would defo recommend both if you never want to miss a notification again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom