Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there really not a better Youtube option? I'm not impressed at all by the official app. Only 2 quality settings ("pixels" or "forever buffering" if on mobile internet) and unable to download videos. Even my jailbroken iPod Touch could do much better than that.

The official iPod app used to let you download videos?

Mind you, you can with the official Android app. Set it to download your 'Watch Later' list. It will only do it on WiFi when being charged, but it does work.

I've just come across a problem. I'm at work and my pc is at home. I've purchased Arma 3 (whilst at work) but can't start it downloading as my pc is at home.

I have my Samsung Galaxy Note in my hand. So that I can mitigate this issue in future what is the best & safest app to remote onto my pc from my mobile, so that I could have started the download?

Did you purchase via steam? I thought they recently added a remote install option?

What the heck has happened to Chrome after the last update? Text sizes are all messed up.
On this forum, when scrolling through a thread some text is massive while other posts are so tiny I can't read them.

I can confirm its still the same in the latest chrome and chrome beta. Some text big and some small. Also scrolling in the latest chrome beta is a big jerky compared to standard mobile chrome

Anyone else have the same problem:
Pairing my Note 2via bluetooth with Ford Audio (2011 Ford Galaxy Titanium X), so I can hear the stock Nav instructions over the car stereo, but the stock music player app automatically plays (CurrentlyAdele's 21 on Flac), won't let me exit out out or pause the music without persistently restarting or replaying. Looked everywhere for answers, seems to be a common problem with no solution.
I want the option of bluetooth sync for calls and occasional music, but I want to have control of what I hear...
Thanks in advance for your help.

This is likely due to A2DP being bi-directional in control and it's interaction with the stock music app. You could freeze the music app (by disabling it in app settings ) and using a replacement for a while, not sure if that would work but probably worth a try. It might be a problem with the ford sync to be honest.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here a few weeks ago was asking for a rooftop free running game he'd seen someone playing... I don't know if you've found it by now but if not try Vector, seems to fit your criteria perfectly :)

Last edited:
Just took delivery of my first smart phone and am blown away and overwhelmed! Could anyone help me with these questions please?!

1. The pre-installed apps:

Video Unlimited, Music Unlimited, Track ID, Sony Select, Play Store, "Get Apps" these are on my home screens - do i pay for any of these? Are they any good? Or just immediate delete?!

2. Latitude app - on my phone i can see the phones location, is there anyway a user at home can track my phone? ie see my current location?

3. Sony Car, Wisepilot, Navigation - all pre-installed. Any good? Are they free to use?

4. "Let's start PSM" - wth is that?!

Thanks to all that help and sorry for been a noob.

Play store is the Android equivalent of iTunes store - You can buy apps/movies/music/books/magazines there. But its also where you get free apps too.

Pretty sure that anything installed will be free to use, but no idea of the quality of the sony specific apps. Guessing you got an Xperia? Never had a sony, but guessing "Let's start PSM" is PlayStation Mobile :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom