Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might work

Samba Filesharing
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.funkyfresh.samba&hl=en

Description
Access your Android device over wifi as a Windows shared folder.

* Samba filesharing server for Android.
* Your Android device becomes visible to other Windows (& SMB compatible) computers on your network.
* The 'external' storage in your Android device is accessible as a network shared folder.

It's not. I posted you the answer already surely?

Nice enough guide, but the genre filters only apply to the guide, and there's the rub :)
Scrolling through the day isn't very clever (And it's difficult to get an exact time)

I can't think I'm unique in wanting a list of the available documentaries on on any one day, without being bombarded with rubbish?
Deleting channels entirely to get them off the genre view isn't clever either :o

-Leezer-

I am having problems with the samsung mail app and my yahoo account. I am hoping somebody might be able to idenfify the problem and help me fix it.
The problem is that some of my read mail items revert back to being unread. This is not happening to every email, just the 3 or 4 oldest emails in my inbox. I will notice that my mail widget is indicating I have some new emails, but when I check my inbox it is just the same few emails that I have read several times today already. This is super annoying, anyone have any idea what is going on?

As a crude method of trying to fix this I thought I would just delete the yahoo account and the add it back again. Only problem is I cant work out how to get rid of an account from the Samsung mail app. Anyone know how?

Not much help!. But why don't you use the dedicated Yahoo Mail App?? I have it on both my N4 and N7 and the sync (because it uses Push and IMAP) is seamless.

As for removing the account, have a look in Accounts under the Phone settngs menu!?, it might be there!.

Not much help!. But why don't you use the dedicated Yahoo Mail App?? I have it on both my N4 and N7 and the sync (because it uses Push and IMAP) is seamless.

As for removing the account, have a look in Accounts under the Phone settngs menu!?, it might be there!.

Ideally I would prefer to use the samsung app because then I can have my hotmail, gmail and yahoo emails all in one place.

As a crude method of trying to fix this I thought I would just delete the yahoo account and the add it back again. Only problem is I cant work out how to get rid of an account from the Samsung mail app. Anyone know how?

You could try deleting cache/data and then setting up your accounts again.

Settings - apps - samsung mail (or whatever it's called) - clear data.

Be warned though, this will wipe all settings and everything

Ideally I would prefer to use the samsung app because then I can have my hotmail, gmail and yahoo emails all in one place.

Ahh I see...

I use:

Gmail for Gmail
Outlook.com for Outlook/Live/Hotmail
Yahoo Mail for Yahoo and BT Mail

I've never used the built in Email client as it's such a faff setting it up, where as the dedicated Apps all I need is username and password :)

Nice enough guide, but the genre filters only apply to the guide, and there's the rub :)
Scrolling through the day isn't very clever (And it's difficult to get an exact time)

I can't think I'm unique in wanting a list of the available documentaries on on any one day, without being bombarded with rubbish?
Deleting channels entirely to get them off the genre view isn't clever either :o

-Leezer-

Personally, I think you might be asking for a bit much. What do you define as 'rubbish'? Surely that's subjective?

Being able to see what's on now (or scrolling to any point of the day) on a certain genre, or hitting a certain channel and scrolling through the day for it is pretty much what most people would want.

I nearly linked to the App for a competitor on the Play Store, as they have finally released a 'Tablet' version of their app (which works nicely on my Nex7), but I don't know if I'm allowed to mention them by name!! ;)

Right guys,

If your like me (slightly anal) then you may find an app called MissedIt! useful.
If you use Nova Launcher with the UnreadPlugin you will find that it is limited interms of putting badges on apps when you receive a notification. It does not support WhatsApp for example amongst others....

This is where MissedIt! comes in. MissedIt! allows you to add any app you have installed which is capable of receiving notifications. You can pair it with Nova Launcher instead of using the Tesla unread Plugin.

Now i have badges for WhatsApp, Facebook, Messenger etc

Have tried to google but doesn't come with anything except speedometer apps. :)

And no not on a custom ROM.
Never seen this, am genuinely puzzled. You're not running test mode on the handset or a network monitoring tool are you? I have a few that have a similar icon (they monitor the network quality I receive when I test new products/femto cells etc...) but not seen that on my consumer stuff :/

screenshot2013030304125.png

Have tried to google but doesn't come with anything except speedometer apps. :)

And no not on a custom ROM.

Can you list (or screenshot) your running apps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom