Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I find the navigation on mines tells me to take the exit, corner, etc either when i hit it or after i passed it!

BUT round a bouts are called traffic circles :D love it!

That's a known fault with this hacked version. One of the reasons I don't use it. If you have to look at it for your exit how is it any better than google maps. That's my opinion on it anyway

Caporegime
I have a tomtom for that ;)

is there an app like on the iPhone that keeps track of your monthly allowance(for the mins and txt, got netcounter for the data) so don't have to keep going to the o2 website or txt?

so far downloaded 20 or so free apps since getting the desire on tuesday, got like 63mb left on the internal storage.

3G Watchdog.

Soldato
Some really good stuff here, nice to see so many other Android phone users. People I know wonder what I'm on about when I mention them!

Associate
Find it better over netcounter, i dont car about usage over wifi but the information provided for 3G is great.
I also don't care about usage over wi-fi, and netcounter was not recording it for me anyway (stuck at zero bytes).

Thanks for pointing me towards 3G Watchdog.

Associate
I have Sygic Mobile Maps 9 for navigation, it's pretty superb compared to Navigon/CoPilot :)

I was forced into testing many out after my Garmin satnav died!
I wonder if you could say what do you prefer with Sygic over CoPilot?

I have CoPilot which is ok apart from one thing. If there are two junctions very close together the second one is not voice announced.

Soldato
Some really good stuff here, nice to see so many other Android phone users. People I know wonder what I'm on about when I mention them!

Heh, I was on the train yesterday and the bloke in front of me had a Hero, and the bloke behind had a G1. Got out my Nexus and felt like, just for a brief second, the iPhone had never been invented! :D

Associate
anyone tried Nav Launcher? It looks quite good, installs a beta nav version and it can use google street view to navigate you towards your destination.

Soldato
The Facebook application is appalling, will it be updated properly?

It really is isn't it?

You know, the iPhone gets loads of stick on here but in terms of applications - I found the iPhone considerably better than my Desire.

Due to Apple applying strict rules to the App Store, the guy who made the iPhone Facebook application has given up on it and the development has been handed over to someone else.

He could in theory make one for Android, but I think this is wishful thinking.

Even though I'm very disappointed with the Android applications, I can see it picking up pace as it's Market share is something that can't be ignored by the big guys for too long.

Man of Honour
I don't have a problem with Facebook for Android of Bloo.... allows me to comment, view and upload photos, update status and view profiles - everything I normally would do in Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom