Essential Mac Apps - Mac App Store Now Open...

I hadn't played Angry Birds before I got this Mac version.

It's pretty good, but as far as getting the max star rating for levels, I can't say it's a game of skill when it boils down to trying the same shots over and over with minor adjustments until you get lucky!

I bought Delicious Library today, not cheap, its about £22.

I always wanted a program to catalogue my DVDs. I have over/near 500 and I have no record or them apart a couple of snaps on my phone. This program uses the webcam in the iMac as a barcode reader. All I need to do is wave it in front of it and it pulls all the information from online. It even can find my trainers !!!

Last edited:
See, I bought this at $40 about 12 months ago. I even bought a USB barcorde-scanner for £20.

I catalogued everything.

Then I wondered what the actual outcome of it all was?

:p

See, I bought this at $40 about 12 months ago. I even bought a USB barcorde-scanner for £20.

I catalogued everything.

Then I wondered what the actual outcome of it all was?

:p

I got to the same point, I scanned every DVD (about 600 or so), then was like...now what :D. Haven't used it for over a year.

When I ripped all of my DVDs I took a photo of the case and put it into the DVD package.

I then converted all of the DVDs to .mp4 and embedded the image into the ID3 tag.

Finally I changed the OSX icon for each movie to the image of the case.

The DVD rips are on a backed-up HDD and can be easily identified in Finder using the icon view.

The .mp4s are in iTunes with artwork that corresponds to my actual DVD collection rather than what ever artwork the software decides to give it.

Admittedly it took quite a while but it didn't cost me anything. :p

Yup - £8.99.

I'm glad I didn't spend £45.00 on an update (very nearly did), as I only really use iPhoto. £8.99 well spent :D

Turbo, what you reckon to the iPhoto 11 mate? I'm running iPhoto 09 and can't decide whether or not to upgrade. No real reason to other than *fancy* having the latest version since I use it a lot and like it.....

When I ripped all of my DVDs I took a photo of the case and put it into the DVD package.

I then converted all of the DVDs to .mp4 and embedded the image into the ID3 tag.

The DVD rips are on a backed-up HDD and can be easily identified in Finder using the icon view.

The .mp4s are in iTunes with artwork that corresponds to my actual DVD collection rather than what ever artwork the software decides to give it.

That's way too much work ! lol

There is a receipt system that the apps use to authorise themselves. Not tried but I'd rather that apple/the developer answer the question first.

From http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4461 :

Can I use apps from the Mac App Store on more than one computer?

Apps from the Mac App Store may be used on any Macs that you own or control for your personal use.

If I have already downloaded an app from the Mac App Store, can I redownload it for free?

Yes. You can redownload apps from the Mac App Store as long as the app remains available. You may be asked to enter the Apple ID and password you initially used to download the app.

Now they need to do that with music in Itunes :)

Hmm so why does omnigraffle have a price against it?

Sounds like the same "try downloading things you remember you have and accidentally end up paying for it" that occurs in iTunes.

There is a purchased tab in the toolbar, which keeps track of your downloads. You just need to click that and hit install on any apps you've installed on other machines. Simple!

Question:

Have any other developers downloaded CodeBox? Any good?

Call of Duty 4 now available :)

Unfortunately for silly money and you have to find out the tech specs from elsewhere. :( A game that old should be half the price it is there...

Also if anyone has not got Alfred yet, get him. My must have app for any Mac. Check it out. :)

Last edited:

What software did you use for each process??

Oh no, they've ruined Twitter with the latest update :(

The icon has been changed from black to blue, but worse, it now follows you around when you change Spaces! With no options to disable this feature. Ridiculous.

If you haven't updated - don't!

Back
Top Bottom