**EV Owners Thread**

Associate
Tesla model 3 reservation here, but still not sure if its the right car for me. its smaller then the S but still a large car for a 1 person 12 mile each way commute most of the time. coming from my current Suzuki Swift that's still in v good condition, the Renault Zoe may be a better match but will keep an eye on the tech and the market. follow "fully charged" channel and https://electrek.co/ most of the time :)

tesla Semi truck event later this week, but 5am is a bit unlikely mid week!

Associate
We have has a leaf for 18 months now. perfect for Milton keynes traffic. would consider the new one depending on the PCP cost. Had a look at the new cars a few weeks ago. the analog speed gauge is a strange decision but liked the car otherwise. An extra 40 hp should make it fun as the acceleration is fun already.

Associate
Yeah, the analogue speed gauge is a strange decision but you can have a digital one in the display next to it, I was watching a video today and it's surprising how much more information they've added to the new display than was on the old car.

Caporegime
Hope to get a house with a drive then I will buy one. Only just bought a new petrol car though. (VW Polo).

Ovo are starting to install charging points in lamp posts. They’re going to sell a charging cable with built in meter and then price the electricity used at your home rate.

Unfortunately only in Kensington and Chelsea at the moment, but presumably schemes like that will expand. Hopefully there will be some inter operability between different electrical companies in the end or it would make switching home electricity suppliers awkward.

Associate
Ovo are starting to install charging points in lamp posts. They’re going to sell a charging cable with built in meter and then price the electricity used at your home rate.

Unfortunately only in Kensington and Chelsea at the moment, but presumably schemes like that will expand. Hopefully there will be some inter operability between different electrical companies in the end or it would make switching home electricity suppliers awkward.

That sounds like progress. Hope it comes to Manchester. Not that we have street light poles on my street, they are on the wall of the houses opposite.

Soldato
OP
Maybe i'm missing something but what's the point in the 3.3kwh PodPoint - you can draw about that from a standard UK socket.
Good car the Leaf.

It's slightly faster than a 3 pin. I'm a tightwad and didn't want to pay £100 for the 7kwh. Especially with technology moving as fast as it is. Suits our needs fine; park on drive overnight, charge, ready to go in the morning. The Podpoint is mounted on the wall but the granny charger (3pin) we had to tuck inside the garage after every use which was a bit of a pain.

Man of Honour
Nice! How long have you had it and what sort of range do you get?
A week. On the very coldest days 105 with climate control. That’s edging up with the milder weather.

It’s not a nine-month-wait Ioniq, btw. I ordered it at 2 and drove away at 5. We’re talking p.m. here :D

OK, OK, so I cheated. A little. It’s a demo. It was available and I wanted it so the deal was done. It’s been at the top of an, ever changing, short list of 4 for months.

Back
Top Bottom