Every one has oddities

Soldato
Pet hate of people hovering or fussing around me, fair enough if there is a point to it, but just choosing to hover nearby watching me work or having a conversation right next to me when i am trying to do something is just annoying.

Fussing around is more like pointlessly getting under your fleet, leaning over you if your sitting in a chair or invading your personal space to perform some pointless action.

Eugh, I get this too, especially when I'm cooking. My girlfriend has impeccable timing, always wanting to get a drink out of the fridge, or feed the cats or start doing the washing up, just when I'm at a critical stage of food preparation, where I need access to ingredients/the hob/the sink. I tend to just switch everything off and go watch TV until she's done. :p

Also volume controls need to be on even numbers or numbers ending in 5.

Lights left on in vacant rooms and doors left open also really winds me up (although I guess that's reasonable since it's saving energy :p)

Soldato
Yay, I'm not alone but I do have to question the first one of mine as I genuinely can't stop:

I tap my toes when driving when going past any driveway or sometimes when cars pass (as if counting but I don't actually count)... absolutely no idea why I do it but it is every time.

The thought of standing over a shower drain makes me cringe - I blame watching the X-Files episode Tombs when I was younger for that I think.

Also volume controls need to be on even numbers or numbers ending in 5.
My Marantz goes up in 0.5 of a unit and it has to be even numbers with no decimal (i.e. 32.0)

Last edited:
Soldato
I hate it when strangers stare at me. During the first 2 seconds I think they may be someone I know. I never forget a face so by second 3 I confirm they are unknown so maybe I have something on my mouth or hair or whatever. At second 6 I consider it a war declaration, the stranger is considered an enemy and if I had lived, say, a thousand years ago, I would've pulled out a weapon at that point.

Associate
Anything near my eyes besides my own fingers! Cannot stand it. I used to hate it when i had to perform on stage and had to suffer the makeup artists going near my eyes! Thankfully this was only an annually thing.

Back
Top Bottom