Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Boil down to, Richmond Park, Southampton Itchen and Newcastle-Under-Lyme if Tory are to form coalition or not. Very close predictions for these seats.

Man of Honour
I was hoping Boris would replace Cameron, I know he's not the most popular figure and often comes across quite daft, but he's a smart guy and one of the best of a bad bunch. Much better than May however you look at it.

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference between a conservative and a Tory.

Tory seems to mainly be used in a negative way these days.

There is a difference between "small c" and Tory afaik small c tend to be resistant to change rather than actually supporting the party itself.

Soldato
In 2010, Labour held my local seat with a majority of 42. In 2015, the Labour majority was around 1,000.

2017: Labour majority of ~15,500. :eek:

Brexit has killed the Tories in large parts of London.

Man of Honour
I was hoping Boris would replace Cameron, I know he's not the most popular figure and often comes across quite daft, but he's a smart guy and one of the best of a bad bunch. Much better than May however you look at it.

The way he was acting earlier I think he thinks there is a better than moderate possibility of ending up as PM.

Associate
Tory seems to mainly be used in a negative way these days.

There is a difference between "small c" and Tory afaik small c tend to be resistant to change rather than actually supporting the party itself.

I would characterise it as opposition to radical change and in favour of continuous incremental progression, but you're close enough.

Soldato
After watching the US politics for the last few months it does make our politicians look a bit embarrassing, must say. However still thank them for all their hard work, whether you agree with them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom