Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only good thing tonight, is that Corbyn will not be Prime minister, and we won't be in any danger of the moronic idea of the "progressive alliance".

He has done better than expected, but considering the massive advantage labour have with the way constituencies are formed and still not managing to get any where winning the election, it's not the remarkable result he is going to claim it is.

Associate
if there is you would hope both parties would massively change their policies. Who knows how that would play out.

Well I don't know where Labour go from here to be honest (They put together a manifesto that was 'good' by leftwing standards). But the Tories have a lot of scope to put foward a good platform. For instance, I'm a conservative (not a Tory) and I found the Tory manifesto to be an absolute monstrosity. Hopelessly out of touch to small c conservatives.

Soldato
I have been struck by the blatant lack of spin from our politicians this morning, not a word from the Krankie, Nicholas Sturgeon and what about the, 'I would go to the opening of an envelope if it meant I got my picture on TV or in the papers' Alec Salmon who lost his seat, hooray.

There has been some half hear hearted attempts to paint a rosier picture by some members of the Tories but all in all it has been pathetic and not what one has come to expect in an election result.

Most pleasing to see little Jimmy get on the receiving end of a beating.

Soldato
What a disaster a tory landslide would have been for the average citizen, regarding Brexit negotiations. Get them out!.
Totally agree, still can't believe how badly she has done it's almost like she didn't want to win!

The outcome is garbage for the country though as there is 0 chance of a strong coalition forming after the electorate destroyed the lib dems for doing it last time. So the only option I can see is a pretty swift return to the polls.

Man of Honour
Well I don't know where Labour go from here to be honest (They put together a manifesto that was 'good' by leftwing standards). But the Tories have a lot of scope to put foward a good platform. For instance, I'm a conservative (not a Tory) and I found the Tory manifesto to be an absolute monstrosity. Hopelessly out of touch to small c conservatives.
they both need to move towards the centre. and Tories need to take a step back from authoritarian as well.
labour moving more central isn't likely to loose the left votes, who else are they going to vote for, but they could gain central ground votes.

Associate
they both need to move towards the centre. and Tories need to take a step back from authoritarian as well.
labour moving more central isn't likely to loose the left votes, who else are they going to vote for, but they could gain central ground votes.

Yeah thats entirely what I mean. The Tories can throttle back the cuts and remove the JUNK like Fox hunting, clamping down on the Internet, school meals, dementia tax etc. I mean who in their right mind would vote for this crap?

And a leader who can actually articulate a vision and go out and fight for it.

Soldato
This is going to go down as one of the biggest underestimation and disasters in British political history! No need to do it and she was very badly advised. One good thing comes from it though hopefully we will hear a lot less of that idiot sturgeon

Caporegime
The only good thing tonight, is that Corbyn will not be Prime minister, and we won't be in any danger of the moronic idea of the "progressive alliance".

He has done better than expected, but considering the massive advantage labour have with the way constituencies are formed and still not managing to get any where winning the election, it's not the remarkable result he is going to claim it is.
Why are the constituencies considered to favour Labour?

Currently looking at the vote share (in millions), Labour got 1 seat per 48,700 voters. The Tories got 1 seat per 43,200 voters.

Why is that biased towards Labour?

Caporegime
Would a Con government with their potential angry rebels be able to actually even get anything done even with a DUP helping hand to prop them up?!

Man of Honour
Given how things are falling I guess they could potentially put it forward as an option for consideration?
looks like the mostly likely, con minority and a deal with Dup and then two options unstable government, or they do what the country needs and forget party politics and work together like the con/lib coalition did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom