Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
She is a terrible speaker, true.
Let's hope David Davis or Boris replace her

They made a huge mistake by hiding Jacob Rees Mogg, Boris and David Davis. They might be posh boys but very popular ones (Boris getting elected in Left leaning London twice shows this) and could have won this for May. The manifesto was a mistake. all they needed to do was regurgitate the 2015 one without any changes either. But they decided to screw around with old people for no good reason.

Soldato
43% the same as Blair in 1997 give or take and no majority. Quite a sea change in U.K. politics. Now we can look forward another general election later in the year I reckon. I can't see a supply and confidence agreement surviving Brexit.

Soldato
Hilarious. Thanks for sharing. Doesn't appear worthy of serious engagement but just quickly, to see the full extent of the hilarity ...

Are you one of those demanding Farage receive a knighthood for the results of his 25 years of sabotaging UK interests in Europe?
Farage stood up for this country, it's just too many people would rather destroy the country by voting labour

Soldato
The manifesto was a mistake. all they needed to do was regurgitate the 2015 one without any changes either. But they decided to screw around with old people for no good reason.
It wasn't a mistake, it was just the next step to the Conservative ideals they aim for. They've reached the limit of how much support they have for their continuing march to right wing authoritarianism, no mistakes involved.

Associate
43% the same as Blair in 1997 give or take and no majority. Quite a sea change in U.K. politics. Now we can look forward another general election later in the year I reckon. I can't see a supply and confidence agreement surviving Brexit.

The DUP are pro-Brexit. The EU have made it clear they want a deal on Republic/NI border, which is probably DUP's only Brexit concern. I think it could just work, JUST.

Associate
To those people saying labour voters are idiots. I can't in all rights vote for a party/leader that still thinks fox hunting ban overturn should be voted for by mps- seriously? How out of touch do you have to be! In this day and age tearing a fox apart with dogs is just sick. I'm not a country person but if culling is a requirement there are more humane ways of doing things. I personally think humans are more of a problem to this world than excess foxes but I do not think we should start culling ourselves.
As for this being bad for brexit, it was always going to be bad - we ***** them off and they've got the numbers. Coming from an immigrant family (albeit from after WWII and invited) I can tell you my relatives are actually quite bitter about us leaving. And why are we blaming voters when we used our votes in our democratic choice, should I have voted tactically making a mockery of the system, at the end of the day May did this showing just how much she was willing to gamble now we have to live with it so stop moaning!

Soldato
Not going to lie, even after googling a hung parliament I'm still slightly in the dark.

No one has majority so no clear leader yet.

Without a definitive leader there's no real leadership.

Armageddon until enough parties suck up to each other and form a majority.

Man of Honour
Another election later in the year?

I've been back and forth to the polling station so many times in recent years that I think I may have to start paying rent on the place.

Associate
Every worker I spoke to in the last couple of weeks were voting conservative apart from one who was a teacher. I can understand why public sector would vote red although I still think they are just thinking of the now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom