Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Thats because suddenly they started campaigning and the media and celebrities started sticking their oar in

You mean the democratic right to free speech?

which seems to be all it takes for the youth to decide who to vote for.

Rather than reading the Daily Mail or Express being all it takes for the elderly to decide who to vote for.

It's just the same

Soldato

Rather than reading the Daily Mail or Express being all it takes for the elderly to decide who to vote for.

It's just the same

It is with the exception that once May gets her way the oldies will be dying off like non existent dinosaurs.

Soldato
Ah lads, you're going to enjoy the DUP. Especially if you hate catholics, abortion, gays, gay marriage, gay cakes, "ethnics", being able to do anything but pray on a Sunday and you think climate change is fake, the earth is only 10k years old & dinosaurs never existed.

We've suffered with them for an eternity, time to share the hate around a bit.

fez

fez

Caporegime

It's just the same

The medias overarching agenda is to create more news. The more divisive and shocking they can make an issue the better.

Celebrities are generally a worthless sub-sect of society with little talent in their own area of expertise let alone politics. Having their opinions sway anyones is generally a really bad idea.

Free speech is fine, they are allowed to say whatever for the most part. My point is that its a reason so many youngsters voted Labour.

Soldato
Ah lads, you're going to enjoy the DUP. Especially if you hate catholics, abortion, gays, gay marriage, gay cakes, "ethnics", being able to do anything but pray on a Sunday and you think climate change is fake, the earth is only 10k years old & dinosaurs never existed.

We've suffered with them for an eternity, time to share the hate around a bit.

No wonder Chris Wilson is feeling so chipper this morning! ;)

Man of Honour
Well, to be disappointed you would have had to think it was a possibility

Which it never was, it was workable with a centrist Tory Govt under Cameron, but not with such an authoritarian one under May, it's just too opposed to their core principles to be able to work with

I think the numbers hide a bit just how much people reject May's style and direction of government - without some changes in Scotland and the Tories hard work in swinging areas in the South West in 2015 (neither of which I think voted in Cons in support of May) it would have been much more of a savaging.

Cant we have so many none constituency MPs and so many others. Make all the boundaries bigger so they are say 300 regional MPs selected on local vote and there another 300 MPs elected on a PR vote.

SO you may end up with say 12 UKIP MPs but they wont represent any one region as they didnt win that area,

Makes sense to me.

Thats exactly how it could work
pre election part issues list in order to be MPs, plus they can stand directly in allocatde seats. If elected in the super seat they go straight through, then a share based on PR alloctaates the next ones on each parties list (ignoring those directly elected)

Soldato
Free speech is fine, they are allowed to say whatever for the most part. My point is that its a reason so many youngsters voted Labour.

No, they voted Labour because he bribed them with free tuition fees, plain and simple! :)

No different to the usual Tory tactic of bribing pensioners with more money as they usually do.....first time they don't and they get hammered :D

Soldato
The medias overarching agenda is to create more news. The more divisive and shocking they can make an issue the better.

Celebrities are generally a worthless sub-sect of society with little talent in the their own area of expertise let alone politics. Having their opinions sway anyones is generally a really bad idea.

I'm really not sure it is. May and the Tories came across as dogmatic, inflexible, and unwilling to listen or even engage. I usually vote Tory and did not (Lib Dem this time). Yes, Labour won a popularity contest among those who defected from other parties, but as much of this was down to tactical voting to keep the Tories out as it was to the strength or realism of the Labour manifesto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom