Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I didn't go to Uni, started working straight from college and have done since!

I don't have the high ground over ALL students, I only have an issue with the group of regressive left who seem to be prominent in universities.

Yep, it has got so bad in some US universities that employers are just not hiring people who attended them. Because they don't want flakes working for them who will cry about everything.

Caporegime
The Tories have screwed the young on more than just tuition fees. They've been denied housing benefit, they've been denied the new minimum wage, they've witnessed their future screwed over by Brexit.

It's great that the young have found their voice again. It's fantastic that older voters on here are scared of them getting a say in their future.

Minimum wage is a large discussion, but generally i disagree with it, there are better solutions than killing SMEs. (super irony for Tories)

Associate
There is a real possibility of the GFA being breached, the neutrality of the British government is in question when it relies one of the parties to keep it in government.

This is a real mess and there will be a challenge against this arrangement from the position of the GFA being breached.

Caporegime
Yep, it has got so bad in some US universities that employers are just not hiring people who attended them. Because they don't want flakes working for them who will cry about everything.

Laws in the US and Canada allow for the outrageous behaviour you see from these "lefties" or whatever other term you wish to use, it's nowhere near that level in UK education yet.

Any evidence people are being turned away from jobs because they're seen as flakes or is it not just because the US has always put a bigger emphasis on the university you attend when it comes to employment. I don't even know how you could turn everyone away from certain universities because you feel they would all be flakes but hey the US would never surprise me.

Caporegime
Also - lol that two massive events in UK politics in less than one year are a result of a Tory party worried about the impact of a party that has only ever managed a single MP, and making a promise with the expectation of being able to kick it into the grass as part of a coalition government. There was literally no actual good reason for this to happen.

Soldato
Yes just saw that on Sky. How can May survive this!

she's going to look like a kitchen devils knife block by the start of next week. The 1922 comittee will beat her arse purple, Davidson is going to do a hatchet job on her and I can see Johnson hatching some kind of ming the merciless coup. Add to that the questionable legality around using the DUP to give her power and this gets all very flakey

Soldato
I'm not salty about the election result, simply a comment about silly students.

But well done for hunting to find something to try to pull me up on

*Slow claps*

O sorry we're not supposed to do that anymore are we?

*slow trigger safe Jazz hands*
:D

Oh, I didn't go hunting for it. Just remember you saying it last night when I was browsing the thread. Just struck me as ironic when you come back later spouting the usual insulting drivel about an entire demographic you've got a dislike for just because they don't share your politics...behavour like that certainly makes you look like the bitter one.

But no. Of course you're not.

Soldato
The penny just dropped, Ruth Davidson is in a same sex relationship and very pro LGBT, there is no way on earth a DUP agreement will sit well with her considering their out dated mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom