Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
On the other hand, May lost seats and an apparently unassailable majority to a very left-wing (an unpopular position in the UK) Labour leader who doesn't even have proper support from his own party, has said and done very questionable things regarding terrorism, has directly campaigned against the UK in the past, appointed wildly unpopular and incompetent people to key positions after most of the senior politicians in the party resigned rather than work for him, was savagely pilloried in the media (even more than he deserved) and was generally regarded as an unelectable liability. And May still lost her majority to him, leading the Conservative party to beat the Labour party by only 2% of the votes.

Lord Buckethead put in a better showing than either of them.

I think Tim Farron summed it up well:

Exactly it was May that allowed him to get those 30 seats - her unpopularity coupled with people's questionable morals when there is free stuff on the table.

I do agree with your assessment of corbyns past.

Caporegime
On the other hand, May lost seats and an apparently unassailable majority to a very left-wing (an unpopular position in the UK) Labour leader who doesn't even have proper support from his own party, has said and done very questionable things regarding terrorism, has directly campaigned against the UK in the past, appointed wildly unpopular and incompetent people to key positions after most of the senior politicians in the party resigned rather than work for him, was savagely pilloried in the media (even more than he deserved) and was generally regarded as an unelectable liability. And May still lost her majority to him, leading the Conservative party to beat the Labour party by only 2% of the votes.

Lord Buckethead put in a better showing than either of them.

I think Tim Farron summed it up well:

Yet she gets in bed with a misogynistic, sectarian, homophobic, anti-abortionist, possible links to UDA (well Foster met with them IMMEDIATELY after one of them killed someone) party... irony.

Soldato
My Mother made a good point today about OAPs voting Tory.. She said its win win. She gets to vote for the party she wants... But if labour win her pension goes up.......

Soldato
I didn't like Theresa May and I didn't like Corbyn either. I was always a Liberal Democrat supporter but I'm glad that people said no to Theresa May's power play. I'm glad that young people now have a voice in politics. A political system is only democratic if every voice is heard.

I hope the new government does more to help people with disabilities now. They have been screwed over for years and it is time it stopped. Unfortunately the DUP are even worse than the Tories so time will tell I guess how things are going to work out. I have a feeling we will have a new election in the not so distant future.

Caporegime
Lib Dems should start their voter reform again, and try to get Labour atleast in line, as Labour has the least to lose in such a system (my opinion).

MLP, PLP, STV whatever, it doesnt matter, just dont give us the absolute crap almost identical to FPTP system like 2011.

Soldato
itt- english people who can't believe ni politics is as ****** up as it is.

seriously, the dup is the best of a horrific bunch, the only "moderates" in northern irish politics do NOT hold enough power to keep sinn fein in check, the dup might be crazy terror affiliated looneys but they're better than our alternatives.

if i had the option i'd have voted lib dem- their representative at least appears to be marginally sane, i don't like choosing between the group of ex terrorists i hate the least but thats the option i have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom