Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour

but as that quote suggests, they are not looking at the future, and in fact everyone seems to have missed the real reason why UBI is becoming increasing popular. We are going to lose huge amounts of jobs in the near to mid term future and these will not be replaced like in past centuries, automation is outpacing creation of new jobs and at an increasing rate. Jut look at two technologies Tesla is working on, self driving vehicles which is a huge number of jobs, automated factories for complex items, far above what is currently possible. They are working to produce a factory that assembles cars fully autonomous at a speed that no human can be in the production line at all. Both of these are not to far in the future let alone other stuff being worked on around the world, we do not even need AI for this to happen, machine learning is more than adequate to surpass us.
When this happens we are going to have a large percentage of unemployed and unless tax is changed mega corporations are going to get exponentially more profit.

So the idea is to introduce UBI whilst increasing corporation tax, remember even under full autonomy of machines vast wealth is still being created. It probably is to early, however, when autonomy does happen, it's going to happen fast and we need to have the system planned and probably already introduced at a much lower level. Or we are going to feel the economic pinch until we do implement it.

Soldato
I hate to say it but her coldness may stem from having no kids.
Won't stem from it, but might have missed being reduced by it.

I know I was a proper **** about social issues before having kids. Even voted Tory a few times.

One of the main things that changed me, besides having someone beyond myself to worry about, was seeing the poorer kids at pre-school with my eldest and seeing how far behind they already were. You start to realise how much your good fortune really is just that - fortune. You get lumped with the wrong parents and your life chances and choices are greatly diminished. Changes your (or 'my' at least) outlook a bit.

Man of Honour
On a completely different note... this sums up how I feel about the media and politics quite well (in a 'Catch-22'-esque 'mad but true' sort of way).

Soldato
You're hoping Theresa May get's her head smashed in with a brick, how can that be when everyone knows it's only the right who ever advocate violence ?

Is... is this a joke? Surely everyone on an overclocking forum knows that bricked means in the context of electronic devices?

Soldato
tumblr_oa9kfuydxn1utqlyco1_500.jpg

So, is the UK Anakin Skywalker then? We know how well he turned out listening Sidious and Obi-Wan. I wonder what Maybot/Sidious' Order 66 will be? :p

Caporegime
I don't like May but you can't really criticise her in respect of not visiting the tower fire victims. She's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't *shrug*

Well yeah it is pretty clear she went for a compromise with the private/albeit photographed meeting with the emergency services... as you've highlighted she'd have been criticised if she'd not gone and if she had met with angry residents as a member of the government rather than the opposition then she'd be a figure to blame and have lots of rants at. Though I do think she is a bit out of touch in general and perhaps isn't very good at talking to people.

Caporegime
I don't like May but you can't really criticise her in respect of not visiting the tower fire victims.

Yes you can. Even if she thought that she was going to get an earful, she should have stood there and listened. She is the PM for goodness sake.

She is severly hurting herself with all this. First she doesnt even want to debate other party leaders for a general election that SHE called, and now she won't even talk to the victims (her own citizens) of a horrible national tragedy.

Caporegime
I have a feeling the Queen really doesn't like May at all, but can't say anything much like Prussian generals during WW2, it would be disrespectful and uncouth to mouth off.

Soldato
I have a feeling the Queen really doesn't like May at all, but can't say anything much like Prussian generals during WW2, it would be disrespectful and uncouth to mouth off.

Based on what specifically?

I imagine she hates corbyn for what his 'friends' did to her family.

Caporegime
Based on what specifically?

The fact that they have to meet on occasion and that the Queen is leagues more available to the common pleb. May constantly seems to just want to avoid people at all costs, which isn't unusual... just not very good for a Prime Minister.

Soldato
The fact that they have to meet on occasion and that the Queen is leagues more available to the common pleb. May constantly seems to just want to avoid people at all costs, which isn't unusual... just not very good for a Prime Minister.

She hates May because she has to meet on occasion? Like every other pm during her reign? :confused:

Just admit that you were disappointed some upset relative didn't get the opportunity to take a pop at the pm.

She is going to the hospital later to visit the actual victims not the rent-a-mob on the street.

Caporegime
Rent-a-mob? These are literally people from the building or concerned neighbors, jesus, if she literally stabbed a baby you'd defend her.

Cold and Heartless does not mix with the warmth that the Queen has with her presence.

Soldato
People have been heckling the Queen. When you go into these highly emotionally charged environments it's bound to happen - victims need a target for their grief, they certainly won't target it at Saint Jeremy who goes down and give them a cuddle and says we should steal property for them.

It's all so sick on all sides.

Caporegime
Rent-a-mob? These are literally people from the building or concerned neighbors, jesus, if she literally stabbed a baby you'd defend her.

Cold and Heartless does not mix with the warmth that the Queen has with her presence.
When Sadiq Khan turned up, one of them had a go at him for not supporting Jeremy Corbyn in the election. Sorry but that makes me suspect that some people outside Grenfell Tower might not be there purely out of concern for the victims and their families, and that's coming from someone who really doesn't like Khan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom