• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Expected delivery date for Intel 11th gen CPUs

Soldato
Ohhhh, you talk about Ryzen 7... i thought you talk about Ryzen 9. I dont want to upgrade my pc with a Ryzen 7! I want to buy something very powerful but not spending over £1000 for a processor (Ryzen 9).
11900 i can be OC. and getting huge performance increase. And we are on a O.C. forum... if you dont want to OC or you think its not worth / its not a good idea, then please go somewhere else and worship your processor which for pretty the same money is doing what 11900 at stock.
And now, just to be sure i make myself clear, i wouldnt say all this if you didnt insist how stupid ppl are buying this 11900!!! So, i repeat myself, this topic is not for "is worth or not?" and also is not to getting cocky with how lucky you or other been to find out a Ryzen 9 at RRP price.

It can't be overclocked well because it's already using too much power and it's already pushed to it's limits it basically has nothing else to give , you gonna be using liquid nitrogen

Do you even watch the many reviews of this product out ?

Soldato
Seems that you read only what you like.
Please read the whole text!
Thank you!

You
11900 i can be OC. and getting huge performance increase. And we are on a O.C. forum
Show me proof with performance gains

But the Ryzen 7 5800x beats the i9 11900k overall in gaming and multi workload while costing lower and plenty of stock

Just because it has i9 in the name doesn't make it better you seem blinded

Which these please
https://youtu.be/_jVAfk4AG3A
https://youtu.be/mxiuvQPL_qs

Associate
no matter what you guys say about the cpu technically, fact is i9-11900k is nowhere to be found. so as bad as it is, it still sells.
294707_RigidNimbleBellfrog-size_restricted.gif

Associate
It can't be overclocked well because it's already using too much power and it's already pushed to it's limits it basically has nothing else to give , you gonna be using liquid nitrogen

Do you even watch the many reviews of this product out ?

The LN is not making the processor suck less power but opposite. It keeps the processor cool and this make it to suck more power so is not make any sense! If the processor, with LN, can achieve 7GHz, this proof it have resources and the power sucked is not stopping to be oc, as you said and then you can be sure that can be easy oc to 5.3 without LN!
Please keep the topic or i will complain to moderator! Thank you!

Soldato
The LN is not making the processor suck less power but opposite. It keeps the processor cool and this make it to suck more power so is not make any sense! If the processor, with LN, can achieve 7GHz, this proof it have resources and the power sucked is not stopping to be oc, as you said and then you can be sure that can be easy oc to 5.3 without LN!

But that's LN and unrealistic for real usage , also show me videos / links of 5.3 oc and benchmark gains and power usage

I linked you videos have you watched them ?

https://youtu.be/_jVAfk4AG3A
https://youtu.be/mxiuvQPL_qs

Associate
This will be my last post on the matter as its just doing my head in now

You said about price of 5800x when we all came back with the price you shifted the goal post to R9
USCOOL knows all about OCing with LN he was stating you would need it for a meaningful overclock, 5.3Ghz not really a meaningful overclock as it turbos to that already
Even at 5.3Ghz it will struggle to outperform (certainly by meaningful margin) the 5800x as AMD currently have higher IPC
The FACT is 11900K is a lemon, all reviews seem to state that is the case. If you buy one then good for you i hope you like it, i really do. This is a public forum where people come to talk tech. If you do not like the narrative the topic ends up following then that is on you no one else. As long as there is no name calling i see little problem
It seems you are offended because people do not agree with you. Many others could probably say they have been offended by your posts, that card is a 2 way street

Associate
Come on......pull the other one.
I am not even arguing with you, just observing how the things are.

Rocket Lake is the first Intel CPU to feature PCIe gen4. It has best single thread performance. It might be unicorn poo and yes we'd rather see 10nm or 7nm but we won't for some time, so it will sell. You don't have to like it, you don't have to buy it. Some people will buy it for whatever reason they have.

Associate
If you want a 11900k because you want to run de-sync, have a few ram bins, looking forward to upcoming djr bins that you want to max out in synthetics and really take the time to fine tune voltages, you'll have a lot of fun. It'll be by far the highest clocking DDR4 platform. Without question.

If it's for daily and you're a mild oc'er or just happy with a good stable platform and xmp, get a 10900k and enjoy it.

Define your use case first and know the strengths of each platform.

Caporegime

Rocket Lake is the first Intel CPU to feature PCIe gen4. It has best single thread performance. It might be unicorn poo and yes we'd rather see 10nm or 7nm but we won't for some time, so it will sell. You don't have to like it, you don't have to buy it. Some people will buy it for whatever reason they have.

I dont disagree a few will buy despite it being a mediocre CPU. This thread and several others shows some people struggle to rationally assess a CPUs merit.

I'm not sure best "single thread performance" really means much if it can't win in either gaming or productivity benchmarks. It's a novelty and not much else.

Trying to associate it being out of stock and it selling well however is a total fallacy.

Last edited:
Associate

Going by your logic 5900 and 5950 must be extremely popular cpus then. Of course the answer could be the same for both and that maybe they just cannot produce enough???

Associate
Going by your logic 5900 and 5950 must be extremely popular cpus then. Of course the answer could be the same for both and that maybe they just cannot produce enough???
well yes, it's supply/demand isn't it? most people who shop for new computer buy whatever they have budget for, not having any GPUs in shops, they will go for Intel.
So Intel will sell. If I was you I would take 2.

Associate
I’d buy a 5800X myself. But it’s just a processor core, not membership of the CCP or Nazi party. Nor is rocket lake bulldozer level craptastic, let them enjoy their purchases.

Back
Top Bottom